tektronix service cable

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 23, 2004 1:18:39 AM

hi any body got a service cable or pinouts for the five pin service cable
for tektronix phaser 340/350.upwards they are all the same
as i need one urgently
Anonymous
December 21, 2004 3:16:21 AM

It is not just a pinout you need.

You need a MAX232 IC in the cable.
It convertes the RS232 signals to TTL level.

If you find it nice to construct a small printboard with the chip and 5
capasitors, I will draw the schematic for you with the pinouts on both ends.

You will also need the software that is compatible with your firmware
number.

Here is a post from the tek-tips forum.
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=676993

It works fine on my 840 printer.