Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b K Overclocking
March 2, 2005 4:25:23 PM

AMD 64 3500 Vs Amd 4000 which is best ?

I know the 4000 comes with 1 meg of cache. But does that make it any
faster. If your overclock the 3500 to 4000 speed. Is the 4000 any
faster ?

Thanks. Would like the 4000 but the price is not what i like :)

Thanks again.

More about : amd 3500 amd 4000

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b K Overclocking
March 2, 2005 6:13:47 PM

In article <f09a21l3a2d6min227273ffna17oqkhqgj@4ax.com>, Paul M says...

> AMD 64 3500 Vs Amd 4000 which is best ?
>

> I know the 4000 comes with 1 meg of cache. But does that make it any
> faster.

What do you think?

> If your overclock the 3500 to 4000 speed. Is the 4000 any
> faster ?

Not enough to be bothered about.

> Thanks. Would like the 4000 but the price is not what i like :)

Don't bother. There's nothing that an Athlon 3200+ can't run adequately
so an AMD64 3500 is going to be well adequate.

--
Conor

-- George Patton
March 3, 2005 12:36:57 PM

> Don't bother. There's nothing that an Athlon 3200+ can't run adequately
> so an AMD64 3500 is going to be well adequate.

Yes - agreed... one thing that can be helpful is to get hold of some
test results for different processors, and then plot of graph of
performance on the vertical axis versus price on the horizontal. It
should have a sort of curve shape, with the gradient decreasing as price
increases. In other words, it gets more and more expensive to get
smaller and smaller performance increases as you go up the graph.

Buy a processor that is around the 'knee' of the curve. This will give
you the most cost effective performance.

Dave
!