Enable ICS to a wireless network (using windows auto IP co..

I deal with the following problem :

I have set up a small home wireless network using 2 laptops and their WLAN
cards respectivly.

I have used the Automatic windows configuration for assigning IP address and
tha rest tcp/ip properties and have my 2 laptops wirelessly networked with
no problem

I have a dial up connection to an ISP and thought that would be convinient
to use this dial up connection along with ICS to share the internet
connection among my 2 laptops.

The automatic IP assigned by windows in my 2 laptops are usually some random
IP addresses which I cannot configure manually.

When I activate the ICS on the dial-up connection the NIC changes its IP to
192.168.0.1 causing the wireless network connection to fail.

Is there any possible workaround for this problem ?
1 answer Last reply
More about enable wireless network using windows auto

    You are going to have to manually assign an IP to the laptop wireless NICs,
    in the same range as the ICS. The ICS must be static to allow the other
    laptop to see it as its' gateway.

    "tpet" <tpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I deal with the following problem :
    >
    > I have set up a small home wireless network using 2 laptops and their WLAN
    > cards respectivly.
    >
    > I have used the Automatic windows configuration for assigning IP address
    > and
    > tha rest tcp/ip properties and have my 2 laptops wirelessly networked with
    > no problem
    >
    > I have a dial up connection to an ISP and thought that would be convinient
    > to use this dial up connection along with ICS to share the internet
    > connection among my 2 laptops.
    >
    > The automatic IP assigned by windows in my 2 laptops are usually some
    > random
    > IP addresses which I cannot configure manually.
    >
    > When I activate the ICS on the dial-up connection the NIC changes its IP
    > 192.168.0.1 causing the wireless network connection to fail.
    >
    > Is there any possible workaround for this problem ?

Laptops IP Wireless Network Dial Up Connection Wireless Networking