LAN and wireless problem

i have 6 pcs on a home network all on a 100MB LAN i have added a wireless
router and wirless to one of the pcs the problem is when i try to ping or
access the internet i do not get a response as the default seems to be the
lan card.
Question is how do i set the wireless for internet and LAN for local network
access. Any ideas welcome thanks for your help.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

does the wireless router connect to the same 100mb lan?? is the lan
connected to the internet, and if so, how? if not, how is the wireless one
supposed to be connected to the internet? do you have the ethernet card in
the one pc connected to the lan? have you tried disabling the ethernet card
in the one with both??

"BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message
> i have 6 pcs on a home network all on a 100MB LAN i have added a wireless
> router and wirless to one of the pcs the problem is when i try to ping or
> access the internet i do not get a response as the default seems to be the
> lan card.
> Question is how do i set the wireless for internet and LAN for local
network
> access. Any ideas welcome thanks for your help.

Hi
1. If you have a LAN without an Hardware Router, the topology should be like this (with
ICS Off): http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg
2. You can add a Wireless Cable/DSL as a second Router to an existing already Routed
Network.
If you would like one coherent Network you have to configure the second Router as a
Switch with an Access Point: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

If you would like secured Segregated Network you should configure it as in the following
page: http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message
> i have 6 pcs on a home network all on a 100MB LAN i have added a wireless
> router and wirless to one of the pcs the problem is when i try to ping or
> access the internet i do not get a response as the default seems to be the
> lan card.
> Question is how do i set the wireless for internet and LAN for local network
> access. Any ideas welcome thanks for your help.

does the wireless router connect to the same 100mb lan??
No wireless router only connects to my one wireless pc that also is on my
lan through cat5 network

is the lan connected to the internet, and if so, how?
NO

if not, how is the wireless one supposed to be connected to the internet?
it is connected throgh my wireless adsl router

do you have the ethernet card in the one pc connected to the lan?
6 pcs on LAN all with working network cards

have you tried disabling the ethernet card
Yes i have disabled my network card on the one wirless pc and then my
internet works fine through my wireless connection BUT i cant then use my
LAN.