Monitor not showing upper half of screen

I have a five year old LG Studioworks 995E that started acting up ( shutting
off by itself and going dark for a few minutes at
a time ) and now finally the upper half of the screen is gone. Wondering if
it's worth fixing or just throw it in the Recycle dumpster?

Philo

"Rich Barry" <rbarry@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
>I have a five year old LG Studioworks 995E that started acting up (
>shutting
> off by itself and going dark for a few minutes at
> a time ) and now finally the upper half of the screen is gone. Wondering
> if
> it's worth fixing or just throw it in the Recycle dumpster?

monitors are not usually worth repairing...
you might as well recycle it...

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:37:04 GMT, "Rich Barry" <rbarry@socal.rr.com>
put finger to keyboard and composed:

>I have a five year old LG Studioworks 995E that started acting up ( shutting
>off by itself and going dark for a few minutes at
>a time ) and now finally the upper half of the screen is gone. Wondering if
>it's worth fixing or just throw it in the Recycle dumpster?>

In the worst case the monitor could have a faulty yoke which would
make it uneconomical to repair, because (1) yokes are expensive and
hard to find, and (2) modern yokes are usually matched to CRTs.
Assuming the yoke is OK (most likely), then the fault will be in the
vertical amp or in its support components, none of which are
expensive.

- Franc Zabkar