Struggling with Wireless network.

I'm trying to get a PC with a Netgear WG311 to connect to another Desktop
(both using XP) which has a DG834G router. I've tried to create a network
using the wizard in XP, but with no luck. I've got a connection once, but for
a couple of seconds and with low signal (the PC's are only 4m apart though).

Any help would be appreciated!

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

I would suggest you do something to try to increase the signal strength.
Perhaps move something around and watch the meter. Make sure there is
nothing large between the wireless transmitters, like fish tanks, or metal
walls, etc. When you say low, what does that mean, 1 bar, or 10% of the
possible?

If you can get the signal strength up, it will be easier to get the rest
working.

Clark

"OC11" <OC11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get a PC with a Netgear WG311 to connect to another Desktop
> (both using XP) which has a DG834G router. I've tried to create a network
> using the wizard in XP, but with no luck. I've got a connection once, but
> for
> a couple of seconds and with low signal (the PC's are only 4m apart
> though).
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

I would try that but the thing is the connection is no longer there. There is
a metal water geyser in the vicinity of the 2 computers in question, is that
not affecting the signal?

"Clark" wrote:

> I would suggest you do something to try to increase the signal strength.
> Perhaps move something around and watch the meter. Make sure there is
> nothing large between the wireless transmitters, like fish tanks, or metal
> walls, etc. When you say low, what does that mean, 1 bar, or 10% of the
> possible?
>
> If you can get the signal strength up, it will be easier to get the rest
> working.
>
> Clark
>
> "OC11" <OC11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to get a PC with a Netgear WG311 to connect to another Desktop
> > (both using XP) which has a DG834G router. I've tried to create a network
> > using the wizard in XP, but with no luck. I've got a connection once, but
> > for
> > a couple of seconds and with low signal (the PC's are only 4m apart
> > though).
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated!

Try different wireless channels, too.

--
Standard Disclaimers -
and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly