Tired of Hackers

Raha

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Hello,
what or how do i put my system to best BLOCK another users , computers to get access to mine?

Raha

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Thanks for the info but i´m looking for some advanced settings or (GOOD) Programs that blocks a ´´strainger´´ to get access to my PC.

Spyhunter somebody who has some comments about it , would be thankfull..

Raha

4745454b

Titan
First, update windows. Update to the newest version of IE as well, but don't use it. Use Firefox with noscript. As mentioned, use passwords on all accounts, and try to use a Power user account as your primary. If you don't already have one you'll want to get a router as well. Instead of having your IP address that your ISP gives you, you'll have one that starts with 192.168. This makes your IP address "non routable" making it a lot harder for someone to hack you.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I agree with all the things said - a router/firewall that translates your internal IP/port to the one from the ISP is a must.

Browsing in a virtual machine is easy and safe to do it you are looking for a little setup and good security.

Keeping the system updated is an absolute necessity - you may want to check out secunia - it'll scan your system to make sure the non-windows programs are patched/updated.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
Just remembered - I like Comodo personal firewall - it essentially only allows programs to run that you give permission to. You can set up a "white list" of trusted programs and approve things temporarily. This, on top of running as a standard user (non-admin) and having the admin account protected with a strong password should help significantly as well.

Raha

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Well starting with thanking everyone for the help , just begun to searching my primiters ...
So kindy new whit security etc.

Well everybody Thanks again and don´t be shy to relieve some more infi about malvare , toolware , spyprograms etc etc....

Raha

4745454b

Titan
If you can tell us whats going on so we can focus on an area that would help. Computer security can encompass many things. And keep in mind that you can have the best programs in the world, but if you keep clicking those "click here for nude pics of X celeb" they won't amount to much.

Raha

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Thanks for the reply , well no no nood stuff online here , i´m just trying to be a step ahead with security and PAYBACK to those who invade my ´privacy´ , but damn there fast with logins trough bios and taking over admin account. Cant keep up. so i´m with another words trying to learn the most of the `futureahead`as i call it , couse this is the way to run this already. Safety first , then one step at the time LOL

Raha

bpdgrfan

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
If you choose to run any version of Windows, you are making yourself a bigger target for malware, hackers, etc. than if you run an Apple or Linux operating system. I prefer Ubuntu Linux myself. You can learn more if you visit http://www.distrowatch.com.

The great things about Linux are that it is FREE, it includes a Microsoft Office compatible suite called OpenOffice. Also, it is possible to dual boot Linux and Windows. Linux needs only about 20 gigabytes of disk space to run. It also can be run from a "Live CD," which allows you to get familiar with Linux and not install it on your hard drive.

If you choose to use Windows, keep it updated and back up your data regularly. Also, get the Firefox browser (version 3.6.13 is best) and install the NoScript and Ghostery add-ons. Avoid using Internet Explorer but install any updates from Microsoft.

To download Firefox and other security software (both free and pay versions) go to http://www.majorgeeks.com. To scan an infected PC without bringing up Windows, use this Kaspersky application:

http://majorgeeks.com/Kaspersky_Rescue_Disk_d6501.html

Hope this information was helpful.

Raha

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the triple post :ouch:

Well now i added on NoScript and Ghostery , but is there ways to protect hacker to gain access to my computer , like any IP- Switch programs or athor stuff tp protect my PC cuz believe me i had problems with this issue.

Thanks Raha

Raha

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

How does the IP-Switcher work in Windows 7 Manager , Does it work like Hide IP , i think i´m secure online but wish to NOT allow access to hackers to my computer/Windows.

Anybody who has some ideas , or thoughts about the IP-Switcher on Win 7 Manager ??

Thanks Raha

4745454b

Titan
I still don't see what the issue is. A fully updated windows, Adobe, etc using firefox + no script sitting behind a router/NAT firewall should be able to stop 98 or 99% of the things that are out there. A router should stop a "war dialer" because it will discard ping from WAN. And a fully patched machine should stop those who have your IP address because you visited a crafted site. You shouldn't need all those program and other utilities.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I'll agree with you 4745454b...that should stop the vast majority of things.

If you're really paranoid, you could get yourself something like VMware player or VirtualBox and load up a Linux VM or LiveCD. This way anything you browse to is sandboxed and is lost when you poweroff your VM, or you can just discard it after a limited time. This does not make it easy to download things, but does keep you quite secure while browsing.