Help: Book Disk Failure

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

I am having problems with a pc that is supposed to be bereft of an OS.

When I boot I get: "BOOT DISK FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS
ENTER."

So I put a Windows XP(HE) in the CD ROM drive and I still get the same
message. Can anyone tell me what I am to do next?

The system is as follows:
*************************
Pentium SCSI System 450Mhz Tower
********************************
PIII 450 MHz system.
Nobilus 5 bay ((3) 5 1/4, (2) 3 1/2) mid-tower case
Asus P2B-F main board
128MB PC100 SDRAM
Diamond Viper video card
Creative AWE ISA sound card
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W SCSI card
Intel (10/100) PCI NIC
1.44MB floppy drive
Iomega Jaz (2 GB), 52X CD-ROM drive
4.3GB Seagate SCSI harddrive (with removable tray).

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
2 answers Last reply
More about help book disk failure
  1. Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

    Searcher7@mail.con2.com wrote:
    > I am having problems with a pc that is supposed to be bereft of an OS.
    >
    > When I boot I get: "BOOT DISK FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS
    > ENTER."
    >
    > So I put a Windows XP(HE) in the CD ROM drive and I still get the same
    > message. Can anyone tell me what I am to do next?

    Change the BIOS boot order; it looks to be trying to boot from the hard
    drive and then giving up. Put the CD-ROM drive first.

  2. Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

    by chance it has'nt got a floppy disk in the drive has it ?

    sorry had to ask, had a bloke ring me up about a system I built with
    that same msg ..... he had a blank floppy in the drive ... was very
    embarrassed :)

Homebuilt Systems