Help: Boot Disk Failure

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

I am having problems with a pc that is supposed to be bereft of an OS.

When I boot I get: "BOOT DISK FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS
ENTER."

So I put a Windows XP(HE) in the CD ROM drive and I still get the same
message. Can anyone tell me what I am to do next?

The system is as follows:
*************************
Pentium SCSI System 450Mhz Tower
******************************­**
PIII 450 MHz system.
Nobilus 5 bay ((3) 5 1/4, (2) 3 1/2) mid-tower case
Asus P2B-F main board
128MB PC100 SDRAM
Diamond Viper video card
Creative AWE ISA sound card
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W SCSI card
Intel (10/100) PCI NIC
1.44MB floppy drive
Iomega Jaz (2 GB), 52X CD-ROM drive
4.3GB Seagate SCSI harddrive (with removable tray).

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Thunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 06:49:48 -0800, Searcher7 wrote:

> I am having problems with a pc that is supposed to be bereft of an OS.
>
> When I boot I get: "BOOT DISK FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS
> ENTER."
>

> So I put a Windows XP(HE) in the CD ROM drive and I still get the same
> message. Can anyone tell me what I am to do next?

Simple things first. In your bios, there should be an option on booting
sequence. Is boot from CD first enabled?

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

In the motherboard's BIOS have you set the FIRST BOOT DEVICE as the CD-ROM?
You have to.

--
DaveW

<Searcher7@mail.con2.com> wrote in message
I am having problems with a pc that is supposed to be bereft of an OS.

When I boot I get: "BOOT DISK FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS
ENTER."

So I put a Windows XP(HE) in the CD ROM drive and I still get the same
message. Can anyone tell me what I am to do next?

The system is as follows:
*************************
Pentium SCSI System 450Mhz Tower
******************************­**
PIII 450 MHz system.
Nobilus 5 bay ((3) 5 1/4, (2) 3 1/2) mid-tower case
Asus P2B-F main board
128MB PC100 SDRAM
Diamond Viper video card
Creative AWE ISA sound card
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W SCSI card
Intel (10/100) PCI NIC
1.44MB floppy drive
Iomega Jaz (2 GB), 52X CD-ROM drive
4.3GB Seagate SCSI harddrive (with removable tray).

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.misc,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

> Simple things first. In your bios, there should be an option on booting
> sequence. Is boot from CD first enabled?

Back up a step. Is the drive even found by the BIOS ?