Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I put together my new system and found that it only recognized 127gigs
of the 200gig drive. I went to the western Digital home page and
followed their directions to change the EnableBigLba value but still no
luck.

My system:

ASUS P4P800-e Deluxe
Western Digital Caviar 200gig EIDE - ATA 100
1 gig memory

WHat else can I try?

THanks,
Greg

Windows XP WITHOUT SP1 or SP2 will NOT recognize more than 137 GB of disk
space.

--
DaveW

"greg" <greggail@takethisout.starpower.andthis.com> wrote in message
>I put together my new system and found that it only recognized 127gigs of
>the 200gig drive. I went to the western Digital home page and followed
>their directions to change the EnableBigLba value but still no luck.
>
> My system:
>
> ASUS P4P800-e Deluxe
> Western Digital Caviar 200gig EIDE - ATA 100
> 1 gig memory
>

> WHat else can I try?
>
> THanks,
> Greg

Dee

DaveW wrote:
> Windows XP WITHOUT SP1 or SP2 will NOT recognize more than 137 GB of disk
> space.

Just a note to the above, the Service Pack must be included in the
installaion/setup disc. If you have an old XP disc w/o SP1 or SP2, you
can Slip-Stream the service pack onto the installation disc.

This is just once resource on how to slip-stream:

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?object=article.cfm&id=160

steveh

"greg" <greggail@takethisout.starpower.andthis.com> wrote in message
>I put together my new system and found that it only recognized 127gigs of
>the 200gig drive. I went to the western Digital home page and followed
>their directions to change the EnableBigLba value but still no luck.
>
> My system:
>
> ASUS P4P800-e Deluxe
> Western Digital Caviar 200gig EIDE - ATA 100
> 1 gig memory
>

> WHat else can I try?
>
> THanks,
> Greg

Is there a newer BIOS for your mobo that will allow support for bigger
drives?

SteveH

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Problem solved, I wasn't using the Disk Management Utility.

Greg

SteveH wrote:
> "greg" <greggail@takethisout.starpower.andthis.com> wrote in message
>
>>I put together my new system and found that it only recognized 127gigs of
>>the 200gig drive. I went to the western Digital home page and followed
>>their directions to change the EnableBigLba value but still no luck.
>>
>>My system:
>>
>>ASUS P4P800-e Deluxe
>>Western Digital Caviar 200gig EIDE - ATA 100
>>1 gig memory
>>

>>WHat else can I try?
>>
>>THanks,
>>Greg
>

> Is there a newer BIOS for your mobo that will allow support for bigger
> drives?
>
> SteveH

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:40:25 -0500, greg
<greggail@takethisout.starpower.andthis.com> wrote:

>Problem solved, I wasn't using the Disk Management Utility.
>
>Greg

You shouldn't need the DM util, the board should support
48bit LBA (your > 128GB HDD) without this (overlay?).

You might try a motherboard bios update, see Asus' notes
about bios revisions for that board. Also if you were
changing the "enableBigLba" value, might you need a Windows
Service Pack?