Video card--which one?

Phisherman

I'm deciding on components for my build and the video card has me
confused. The motherboard has PCIe (no AGP). I want to run a C++
compiler, play movies, occasionally play games, display family
pictures (good and true skin-tone color), and at least have the video
last me several years. If the card can display local TV that's a plus
(I don't own a TV nor have cable). The cost should be $100-$200 and
I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. My total system cost will
be a little over $1100. Can you recommend a quality card in my price
range? Any recent articles? (I just read Tom's Hardware video
article comparison). There's so many video card choices! TIA

In article <m6704152opr6keu6v5qn6f2srshct6d50i@4ax.com>, Phisherman
says...
> I'm deciding on components for my build and the video card has me
> confused. The motherboard has PCIe (no AGP). I want to run a C++
> compiler, play movies, occasionally play games, display family
> pictures (good and true skin-tone color), and at least have the video
> last me several years. If the card can display local TV that's a plus
> (I don't own a TV nor have cable). The cost should be $100-$200 and
> I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. My total system cost will
> be a little over $1100. Can you recommend a quality card in my price
> range? Any recent articles? (I just read Tom's Hardware video
> article comparison). There's so many video card choices! TIA

Sorry, no such device exists. What you want will be well redundant in
several years time as well as incompatible with the up and coming HDTV
formats.

--
Conor

Windows & Outlook/OE in particular, shipped with settings making them
as open to entry as a starlet in a porno. Steve B