Driver download for old rebel eos

docstormone

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I have an older Canon Digital Rebel 300D (DS6041) and cannot locate the driver for my new laptop with Windows 7 64x). Can anyone help, as Canon seems to no longer support this driver.

Roger

Solution
You are welcome. It could be a bad cable. if you can find another of the proper type, try that before giving up. Glad you got your pix. Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
When you connect the Rebel, does Windows try to load the generic camera drivers (it should)? Also, is your Rebel set to operate in PC mode when connect to a computer?

Last, never post you e-mail address in a thread unless you want PILES of SPAM! You should edit your post to remove your e-mail address.

Good luck!!!

docstormone

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

I do not understand how this forum works, and did not put my email in the body of my question. How did it get there? No, Windows did not try to load any drivers.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
First, you did post you e-mail address. I asked a moderator to edit it out so you wouldn't get spammed by bots that search webpages for e-mail addresses.

Check you Rebel manual to set it to PC mode. Once the computer detects the camera, it should load the drivers automatically. You can also try to force the process by selecting Control Panel/Devices and Printers/Add a device.

However, if you can't get the computer to detect the physical presence of the camera, it will likely not work. Many cameras have to be set in the proper mode to allow computers to recognize them.

docstormone

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011

Thank you, Col. for taking care of that. Unfortunately, for some reason, even in PC mode, the camera is not recognized. Just as unfortunate, we are in the process of moving and I had to put this on hold. I feel much better about having gone through the necessary steps, because of your help. I took the card out and used an adapter I had, and was able to access the pictures. Again, thank you!