Antec Sonata II case

Phisherman

I've scoured the web and Usenet for references to the new Sonata II
case. I've read some magazine reviews dated last Dec and Jan 2005.
Anyone have an idea when Antec will release this product? I looked
at "news" on the Antec page, with nothing referenced there.
Supposedly, this case has an updated air flow, more features to lower
the noise level, updated power supply, no ANTEC stamp ventilator
holes, and retails for about $149.

MakeMyDay

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2003

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:48:28 GMT, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> wrote:

>I've scoured the web and Usenet for references to the new Sonata II
>case. I've read some magazine reviews dated last Dec and Jan 2005.
>Anyone have an idea when Antec will release this product? I looked
>at "news" on the Antec page, with nothing referenced there.
>Supposedly, this case has an updated air flow, more features to lower
>the noise level, updated power supply, no ANTEC stamp ventilator
>holes, and retails for about $149.

Don't waste your time on it, get a REAL 550W V2 power supply:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-931&depa=0http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-931&depa=0

and the RIGHT antec case that comes cheap without a power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-152&depa=0

$165 for both.

<makemyday> wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 02:48:28 GMT, Phisherman <nobody@noone.com> wrote:
>
>>I've scoured the web and Usenet for references to the new Sonata II
>>case. I've read some magazine reviews dated last Dec and Jan 2005.
>>Anyone have an idea when Antec will release this product? I looked
>>at "news" on the Antec page, with nothing referenced there.
>>Supposedly, this case has an updated air flow, more features to lower
>>the noise level, updated power supply, no ANTEC stamp ventilator
>>holes, and retails for about $149.
>
> Don't waste your time on it, get a REAL 550W V2 power supply:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-931&depa=0http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-931&depa=0
>
> and the RIGHT antec case that comes cheap without a power supply.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-152&depa=0
>
> $165 for both.

I'm using the slightly earlier 3700AMB, with the original True 550. Though
if I was buying now, I'd be considering the Neo 480:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-924&depa=0http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-931,%200