Gordon

I have a PC case that features a front audio panel with jacks for the audio
header of my motherboard. (an Intel D865PERL) There is a wire labeled as a
ground for the microphone jack, but unfortunately, there is no corresponding
pin on my motherboard's audio header, it just has a pin for the "audio out"
jack's ground wire. Where should I connect this microphone ground wire? TIA

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 09:56:50 -0400, "Gordon"
<ghartley@msn.com> wrote:

>I have a PC case that features a front audio panel with jacks for the audio
>header of my motherboard. (an Intel D865PERL) There is a wire labeled as a
>ground for the microphone jack, but unfortunately, there is no corresponding
>pin on my motherboard's audio header, it just has a pin for the "audio out"
>jack's ground wire. Where should I connect this microphone ground wire? TIA

http://www.frontx.com/info/au_1gpin.html

Essentially, you need to electrically connect the two ground
wires. The link shows using pins or splicing two wires into
one but I suggest the cleaner method would be to take the
circuit board from the case and solder a jumper wire between
the audio GND and MIC GND pins, such that it's all concealed
after put back together.