Robert

Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error "CD/DVD
tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
thanks
rtm

---

"Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89:

> Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print"
> the CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the
> error "CD/DVD tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the
> paper button on the printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it,
> I always get the same result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper
> just fine. Won't print CD's. Anybody have this problem and how did you
> fix it? thanks
> rtm

I have 2 R300s with over 700 CDs printed in each , one printer lately has
sometimes done as you describe.When printing with this particular printer
I hold the tray for a moment as it feeds into the printer [only
occasionally]if needed.

Your R200 should be returned and replaced for this problem....

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 05:03:45 GMT, "Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote:

>Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
>CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error "CD/DVD
>tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
>printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
>result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
>Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
>thanks
>rtm

Yes Install the Tray correctly, I had that problem a few times..

>---

You can also, take the clear plastic off the tapered end of the tray. That
can cause errors too.. I took it off mine and haven't had a problem since.

"Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in message news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89...
> Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
> CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error
"CD/DVD
> tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
> printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
> result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
> Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
> thanks
> rtm
>

> ---

Hi I have the same problem sometimes if you dont line up the two arrows
properly.
as i used to slide in the tray till it stopped but soon as i lined up the
two arrows one on tray and one on holder no problems also keep hand oils off
the tray by wipeing the tray
"Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in message news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89...
> Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
> CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error
"CD/DVD
> tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
> printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
> result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
> Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
> thanks
> rtm
>

> ---

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:52:33 +0000 (UTC), Edward Seymour wrote:

> Hi I have the same problem sometimes if you dont line up the two arrows
> properly.
> as i used to slide in the tray till it stopped but soon as i lined up the
> two arrows one on tray and one on holder no problems also keep hand oils off
> the tray by wipeing the tray
> "Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in message news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89...

Sometimes, if I line up the two arrows, the printer fails to work
correctly. If however, I slide the the tray fully in until it stops,
everything works fine. This is the complete opposite to the way you
have found:)
I can only assume that there must be a slight variation between
printers, and the tray, and anyone having this problem should try out
both ways.

Regards,
John.

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

I had a similar problem. Turns out that the back side of my printer was
obstructed. It never occurred to me that the CD tray actually comes out
the back of the printer a full 4 inches or so during CD printing. The
CD tray was actually hitting the shelf behind my printer even though
from the front it appeared to be going in all the way. I had no clue.
Anyway, once I moved the printer away from the shelf it worked fine.
It's one more thing to check. Good luck.

Darren

On 29 Dec 2004 15:38:48 -0800, "Darren" <darrenheaven@gmail.com> wrote:

>I had a similar problem. Turns out that the back side of my printer was
>obstructed. It never occurred to me that the CD tray actually comes out
>the back of the printer a full 4 inches or so during CD printing. The
>CD tray was actually hitting the shelf behind my printer even though
>from the front it appeared to be going in all the way. I had no clue.
>Anyway, once I moved the printer away from the shelf it worked fine.
>It's one more thing to check. Good luck.
>
>Darren

Plus the tray has to be set a little more in, just past the Tray marks, about
2mm, 1/32"