Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Epson R200 and PrintCD

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 24, 2004 9:03:45 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error "CD/DVD
tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
thanks
rtm


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.740 / Virus Database: 494 - Release Date: 16/08/2004

More about : epson r200 printcd

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 2:52:24 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

"Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89:

> Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print"
> the CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the
> error "CD/DVD tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the
> paper button on the printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it,
> I always get the same result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper
> just fine. Won't print CD's. Anybody have this problem and how did you
> fix it? thanks
> rtm
>
>

I have 2 R300s with over 700 CDs printed in each , one printer lately has
sometimes done as you describe.When printing with this particular printer
I hold the tray for a moment as it feeds into the printer [only
occasionally]if needed.

Your R200 should be returned and replaced for this problem....
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 3:17:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 05:03:45 GMT, "Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote:

>Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
>CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error "CD/DVD
>tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
>printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
>result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
>Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
>thanks
>rtm
>



Yes Install the Tray correctly, I had that problem a few times..


>---
>Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
>Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
>Version: 6.0.740 / Virus Database: 494 - Release Date: 16/08/2004
>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
Related resources
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 12:25:51 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

You can also, take the clear plastic off the tapered end of the tray. That
can cause errors too.. I took it off mine and haven't had a problem since.


"Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in message news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89...
> Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
> CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error
"CD/DVD
> tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
> printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
> result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
> Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
> thanks
> rtm
>
>
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.740 / Virus Database: 494 - Release Date: 16/08/2004
>
>
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 1:52:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hi I have the same problem sometimes if you dont line up the two arrows
properly.
as i used to slide in the tray till it stopped but soon as i lined up the
two arrows one on tray and one on holder no problems also keep hand oils off
the tray by wipeing the tray
"Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in message news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89...
> Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press "print" the
> CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the error
"CD/DVD
> tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press the paper button on the
> printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do it, I always get the same
> result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper just fine. Won't print CD's.
> Anybody have this problem and how did you fix it?
> thanks
> rtm
>
>
> ---
> Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
> Version: 6.0.740 / Virus Database: 494 - Release Date: 16/08/2004
>
>
August 26, 2004 4:10:11 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:52:33 +0000 (UTC), Edward Seymour wrote:

> Hi I have the same problem sometimes if you dont line up the two arrows
> properly.
> as i used to slide in the tray till it stopped but soon as i lined up the
> two arrows one on tray and one on holder no problems also keep hand oils off
> the tray by wipeing the tray
> "Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in message news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89...

Sometimes, if I line up the two arrows, the printer fails to work
correctly. If however, I slide the the tray fully in until it stops,
everything works fine. This is the complete opposite to the way you
have found:-)
I can only assume that there must be a slight variation between
printers, and the tray, and anyone having this problem should try out
both ways.

Regards,
John.
December 29, 2004 6:38:48 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

I had a similar problem. Turns out that the back side of my printer was
obstructed. It never occurred to me that the CD tray actually comes out
the back of the printer a full 4 inches or so during CD printing. The
CD tray was actually hitting the shelf behind my printer even though
from the front it appeared to be going in all the way. I had no clue.
Anyway, once I moved the printer away from the shelf it worked fine.
It's one more thing to check. Good luck.

Darren


Yer Welcome wrote:
> "Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89:
>
> > Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press
"print"
> > the CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the
> > error "CD/DVD tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press
the
> > paper button on the printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do
it,
> > I always get the same result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper
> > just fine. Won't print CD's. Anybody have this problem and how did
you
> > fix it? thanks
> > rtm
> >
> >
>
> I have 2 R300s with over 700 CDs printed in each , one printer lately
has
> sometimes done as you describe.When printing with this particular
printer
> I hold the tray for a moment as it feeds into the printer [only
> occasionally]if needed.
>
> Your R200 should be returned and replaced for this problem....
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 7:42:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

On 29 Dec 2004 15:38:48 -0800, "Darren" <darrenheaven@gmail.com> wrote:

>I had a similar problem. Turns out that the back side of my printer was
>obstructed. It never occurred to me that the CD tray actually comes out
>the back of the printer a full 4 inches or so during CD printing. The
>CD tray was actually hitting the shelf behind my printer even though
>from the front it appeared to be going in all the way. I had no clue.
>Anyway, once I moved the printer away from the shelf it worked fine.
>It's one more thing to check. Good luck.
>
>Darren
>



Plus the tray has to be set a little more in, just past the Tray marks, about
2mm, 1/32"





>Yer Welcome wrote:
>> "Robert" <me@doofus.net> wrote in news:R_zWc.2281$A8.26@edtnps89:
>>
>> > Followed the instructions (starting at page 34). When I press
>"print"
>> > the CD/DVD goes into the printer and comes right back out with the
>> > error "CD/DVD tray not set correctly" Reload the tray then press
>the
>> > paper button on the printer" Doesn't matter what I do or how I do
>it,
>> > I always get the same result. Prints to premium glossy photo paper
>> > just fine. Won't print CD's. Anybody have this problem and how did
>you
>> > fix it? thanks
>> > rtm
>> >
>> >
>>
>> I have 2 R300s with over 700 CDs printed in each , one printer lately
>has
>> sometimes done as you describe.When printing with this particular
>printer
>> I hold the tray for a moment as it feeds into the printer [only
>> occasionally]if needed.
>>
>> Your R200 should be returned and replaced for this problem....
!