I bought HL2 today... how can I play it?

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
My friend works at BB and so I was able to purchase HL2 today. I have it installed but apparently I can't play it till its officially released cause of gay old steam. Is there a way around this? Thanks.

Me: are you saying I can't provide?
Me: cause I know I can provide.
Me: oh and I can provide money too;)
Rachel:): why do we need money when we can just stay in our room and have sex all day?

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
You would be violating your enduser agreement if you try to circumvent it. This is not advisable. Wait with the rest of us till activation time, which is less than a day from now.

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
It does suck and I bet that they are getting a rise out of this temp power rush of taking your money and cannot yet LEAGALLY use the product. Those fricking servers should be online before any DL or any copy is sold.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

pauldh

Illustrious
Activation tonight was almost unbearable as their servers were creeping. I just want to play the thing.

Anyway, got a couple hours gaming in...It rocks doesn't it.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

BigMac

Splendid
Nov 25, 2003
The activation is a one time only thing, so I guess that's bearable.

It's a very good game upto now, although I'm not labeling it "brilliant" yet, but I just started, so I'll report back on that in a couple of days.

BigMac

<A HREF="http://www.p3int.com/product_center_NWO_The_Story.asp" target="_new">New World Order</A>

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
bah i wont get HL2 till saturday earliest but at least i got some satisfaction from my gloating mates who got it and couldn't activate it because europes servers [-peep-] up :) but im assuming after tonight they will be telling me how simply great the game is :( I have been hearing reports that the AI is a little unchallenging in the game which is a shame given the AI that was in HL1 was groundbreaking at the time but I'll reserve judgement till I get a copy of the game myself

"Its only when you look at ants closely with a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames"

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have been hearing reports that the AI is a little unchallenging in the game which is a shame given the AI that was in HL1 was groundbreaking at the time
The AI doesn't seem to be bad to me. The aim of some enemies is a bit of a joke, but then when you use the same weapons see how much better you do. **ROFL** In the end it seems pretty fair to me. But I certainly wouldn't call it groundbreaking. I'd just call it fair.

<pre><b><font color=red>"Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the evening.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life." - Steve Taylor</font color=red></b></pre><p>