Deskjet 9650 as photo printer?

photon

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

Hi,

could anyone comment on the use of a Deskjet 9650 as a photo printer?

The A3+ size together with the good lightfastness of HP inks on Premium Plus
paper appeal to me, but the only (very concise) review I found on the web
mentioned some banding problems with photos.

I kow the Epson Photo 2100/2200 rules in that segment but it costs much more
to buy and to use, and I am fed up with my Photo 810 which is clogged most
of the time (at least with HP you get new heads with each cartridge).

TIA

The DJ 9650 does very well as a photo printer..
The banding issues that you are refering to comes up with one in a 100
printers.
Does well expecially with the 11x17 photo glossy HP media!
Using HP inks on glossy or any of the HP media is supposed to last for
73 - 75 Years without fading!

Draganov
HP tech support