Oscar Vortex on wood CP

Building my first cab, yada, yada, yada. Everything going swimmingly UNTIL..

I need to mount an Oscar Vortex spinner under 3/4" MDF. Natch, the shaft is too short (that's what SHE said...) Anyone know of a shaft extension for this type of installation, OR an alternate form of install? Switching to a metal CP is not an option at this point. I just need some way to mate these two seemingly incompatible pieces together.

Despite all prevention efforts, "Dangermouse"
<Dangermouse@redpillarbox.com> wrote in

> I need to mount an Oscar Vortex spinner under 3/4" MDF. Natch, the
> shaft is too short (that's what SHE said...) Anyone know of a shaft
> extension for this type of installation, OR an alternate form of
> install? Switching to a metal CP is not an option at this point. I
> just need some way to mate these two seemingly incompatible pieces
> together.

Here are a couple options for alternate mounting:

- If you're only a little short (I don't know anything about the Vortex),
use a router to take some thickness off of the underside of the panel where
the spinner goes. So, in that one spot the panel may only be 1/2" thick.

- If you're way short, you could make your hole big enough for the spinner
assembly and use a mounting plate to fasten it to the control panel.

Seems to me I might have even done a combination of the two when I mounted
my Oscar a couple years ago. There is definitely a cover plate, and it
seems like I mounted the spinner partially countersunk under the wood. I'd
have to open up my panel to be sure.

--
Slor