Pinmame/Visual Pinball Question

mcr

Distinguished
May 10, 2004

FSogol wrote:
> I need to install VP on a new computer and haven't done that set up in a
> million years. Is this tutorial still accurate?
>
> http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/pinmameguide.htm

Come on, you're just baiting you know who aren't ya ;-)
Oh... and I am sorry, I dont know the answer :)

--
MCR
MAME(tm) - History In The Making

MCR <mark.coleman10@ntlworld.com>after crossing the finish line at the
Special Olympics proudly proclaimed:

>> I need to install VP on a new computer and haven't done that set up
>> in a million years. Is this tutorial still accurate?
>>
>> http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/pinmameguide.htm
>>

> Come on, you're just baiting you know who aren't ya ;-)
> Oh... and I am sorry, I dont know the answer :)

Nah, Honest I wasn't. A shiny new P4 fell into our laps here at Casa de
FSogol and my kids want VP on it. IIRC the installation involved a
simple 211 step process.

--
FSogol

FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...
> I need to install VP on a new computer and haven't done that set up in a
> million years. Is this tutorial still accurate?
>
> http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/pinmameguide.htm

Actually, there is an "all-in-one" installer out there that will install
Visual Pinball, PinMAME, and all the necessary support files:

http://www.fileplanet.com/128076/120000/fileinfo/VPinMame-Easy-Installer

Much easier...

--
Kevin Steele
RetroBlast! Retrogaming News and Reviews

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Kevin Steele wrote in alt.games.mame:
> FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...
>> I need to install VP on a new computer and haven't done that set up in a
>> million years. Is this tutorial still accurate?

>> http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/pinmameguide.htm

> Actually, there is an "all-in-one" installer out there that will install
> Visual Pinball, PinMAME, and all the necessary support files:

> http://www.fileplanet.com/128076/120000/fileinfo/VPinMame-Easy-Installer

> Much easier...

50 minute wait on public server. _Much_ is obviously relative.

--
David
You will stop at nothing to reach your objective, but only because your

SINNER wrote:
> * Kevin Steele wrote in alt.games.mame:
>
>>FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...
>>
>>>I need to install VP on a new computer and haven't done that set up in a
>>>million years. Is this tutorial still accurate?
>

>>>http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/pinmameguide.htm
>

>>Actually, there is an "all-in-one" installer out there that will install
>>Visual Pinball, PinMAME, and all the necessary support files:
>

>>http://www.fileplanet.com/128076/120000/fileinfo/VPinMame-Easy-Installer
>

>>Much easier...
>

> 50 minute wait on public server. _Much_ is obviously relative.

Would someone mind posting it on a.b.e.m.?

--
Thnik about it!
Deadly_Dad

haplography@commentarialw.org
ponzite@preteriteness.pocketknifee.com
ovoflavin@trigonometricf.com
couplement@quinanisolef.org
cadet@Wasatcho.mil

When you are installing don't forget to grab a front-end like VPMan or
VPLauncher, it makes picking your tables much more fun when you can
sort the list, see some pictures etc.....

More to think about as you set up your folder structures, but worth it.

Kevin Steele wrote:

> Sorry about that - just Google'd that particular link, as I knew there
> was an integrated installer out there.

NP

--
FSogol

DefJam wrote:
> When you are installing don't forget to grab a front-end like VPMan or
> VPLauncher, it makes picking your tables much more fun when you can
> sort the list, see some pictures etc.....
>
> More to think about as you set up your folder structures, but worth it.

Which do you prefer? I tried VPMan years ago and it didn't seem to work
right (Probably due to the wimpy cpu). Which is more kid friendly?

--
FSogol

Hey,

I've actually used them both at this point at time... I think I found
them equally easy to use... both were fairly straight forward to
install... and both looked nice... although I think I had the art
working a bit quicker on VPlauncher...

Installing pinball actually seems more complex then it really is...
just need to understand the folder structure... Visual pinball is one
program that requires its set of subfolders (tables being one of the
key folders), then pinmame is another seperate thing that requires its
set of sub folders (roms being a key one here)... I think my pinmame
folder is actually a sub folder of my overall pinball folder. Pretty
simple... I think there is a good guide at the EasyEmu link at
Mameworld.net that walks you through it pretty clearly. Good luck

Defjam.

FSogol thought about it a bit, then said...
> DefJam wrote:
> > When you are installing don't forget to grab a front-end like VPMan or
> > VPLauncher, it makes picking your tables much more fun when you can
> > sort the list, see some pictures etc.....
> >
> > More to think about as you set up your folder structures, but worth it.
> >
> Which do you prefer? I tried VPMan years ago and it didn't seem to work
> right (Probably due to the wimpy cpu). Which is more kid friendly?

I'm partial to VPLauncher, myself. Fairly easy to setup, and a nice
MAME32-like structure.

--

DefJam wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've actually used them both at this point at time... I think I found
> them equally easy to use... both were fairly straight forward to
> install... and both looked nice... although I think I had the art
> working a bit quicker on VPlauncher...

Thanks, I'll try VPLauncher. (Thanks also Kevin S)

SNIP
Pretty
> simple... I think there is a good guide at the EasyEmu link at
> Mameworld.net that walks you through it pretty clearly. Good luck

Heh, heh. That's how this thread started, by me asking if that
walk-through was up to date.

--
FSogol