Best A3 Printer for Artwork?

Hi,

I've had an Epson 740 for years, now thinking of getting an A3 printer. I
will be using it to print out artwork/graphics at the highest possible
setting (I usually use photo quality gloss paper at "best" setting, 1440dpi
I guess)

I'm interested in opinions on what would be the best printer to get in the
price range £200-£300 (US$400-£600 or so). Issues would be print quality,
reliability and cost of ink.

Thanks!

Take a look at HP Designejet 30

--
Adriatix
http://adriatix.hr/

Adriatic wrote:
> Take a look at HP Designejet 30
>

> "J" <ukbloke28@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've had an Epson 740 for years, now thinking of getting an A3
>> printer. I will be using it to print out artwork/graphics at the
>> highest possible setting (I usually use photo quality gloss paper at
>> "best" setting, 1440dpi I guess)
>>
>> I'm interested in opinions on what would be the best printer to get
>> in the price range £200-£300 (US$400-£600 or so). Issues would be
>> print quality, reliability and cost of ink.
>>

>> Thanks!

He said "in the price range £200-£300". The basic DesignJet 30 is £700. In
future, read the question before replying.
lose his marbles?

J wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had an Epson 740 for years, now thinking of getting an A3
> printer. I will be using it to print out artwork/graphics at the
> highest possible setting (I usually use photo quality gloss paper at
> "best" setting, 1440dpi I guess)
>
> I'm interested in opinions on what would be the best printer to get
> in the price range £200-£300 (US$400-£600 or so). Issues would be
> print quality, reliability and cost of ink.
>

> Thanks!

For that price?! Dream on! That's high end A4 price range. For A3 you can
double that.
lose his marbles?

> For that price?! Dream on! That's high end A4 price range. For A3 you can
> double that.

I went in PC World for a provisional look and they had at least 3
A3 models in that price range. Two were for £200, an Epson and something
else.

Anyone got a useful reply?

Thanks.

Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

> J wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've had an Epson 740 for years, now thinking of getting an A3
>>printer. I will be using it to print out artwork/graphics at the
>>highest possible setting (I usually use photo quality gloss paper at
>>"best" setting, 1440dpi I guess)
>>
>>I'm interested in opinions on what would be the best printer to get
>>in the price range £200-£300 (US$400-£600 or so). Issues would be
>>print quality, reliability and cost of ink.
>>

>>Thanks!

> For that price?! Dream on! That's high end A4 price range. For A3 you can
> double that.

Maybe the newest models cost that much, but the older models which are still
available (slower, less colours) might be a fair bit cheaper. That's certainly
the case in Australia but might not be in the UK I 'spose.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 19:01:02 +0000 (UTC), "J" <ukbloke28@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
>

>> For that price?! Dream on! That's high end A4 price range. For A3 you can
>> double that.
>

>I went in PC World for a provisional look and they had at least 3
>A3 models in that price range. Two were for £200, an Epson and something
>else.
>
>Anyone got a useful reply?
>
>Thanks.

You can get an Old Epson 1290 for about £275 from dabs.com. Anything
else A3 for that price would be a. surprising and b. probably not very
good.

--

Hecate
hecate@newsguy.com

You ask for the best.
The answer is HP DesignJet 30

In other case look for DJ 9300

Or you will soon find that there is a better way to spend $200 - 300.

--

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in message
>

> > For that price?! Dream on! That's high end A4 price range. For A3 you
can
> > double that.
>

> I went in PC World for a provisional look and they had at least 3
> A3 models in that price range. Two were for £200, an Epson and something
> else.
>
> Anyone got a useful reply?
>
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS