Q: Designjet 650c memory

Hi,
I've got a Designjet 650c that needs a memory upgrade. According to the
manual it has a max. limit of 20MB. As I look online I'm coming across info.
and sites that show a max. of 68MB (64 MB additional + 4 MB built-in). Is
the 20 MB limit only because of the time that the plotter was manufactured?
Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. If I can add 64MB, that
would be awesome!

Eric

Hi,

I´ve seen many DJ650 with additional 64MBRAM.
If you own PS/2 modules 60ns or 70ns, unbuffered, just try it.
Maybe older DJ650s got a limit and newer ones got another firmware.
If this is the case, I think its hard to get a newer firmware (EEprom?).

Regards

Matze

Eric W wrote:

> Hi,
> I've got a Designjet 650c that needs a memory upgrade. According to the
> manual it has a max. limit of 20MB. As I look online I'm coming across info.
> and sites that show a max. of 68MB (64 MB additional + 4 MB built-in). Is
> the 20 MB limit only because of the time that the plotter was manufactured?
> Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. If I can add 64MB, that
> would be awesome!
>
> Eric

TRENDING THREADS