Assist the Ignorant

I am uneducated on computer repair and am trying to find a few web
sites that explain the different types of slots on the motherboard
i.e. PCI, AGI and so forth. This information is for a video card
upgrade and RAM upgrade for my 2001 compaq presario. Thank you in
advance.

"Kelorien" <kelorien@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I am uneducated on computer repair and am trying to find a few web
> sites that explain the different types of slots on the motherboard
> i.e. PCI, AGI and so forth. This information is for a video card
> upgrade and RAM upgrade for my 2001 compaq presario. Thank you in
> advance.

I know you did not say you wanted to get a new motherboard but I still think
you will find the article at the following link to be of use. I think
around page 4 the author discusses the different types of slots.
http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;641784313