Voice-to-text software for ppc

August 7, 2004 5:05:09 PM

Hi All.

Is there any 'voice-to-text' software for ppc.

Thanks in advance.

Rod
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 5:05:10 PM

Not that I am aware of. The voice recognition stuff that is out there
primarily will recognize specific words and/or phrases and take actions
based on them. I believe there is some capability when tied with MS Speech
Server to do some speech recognition/dictation but it transfers the
recognition portion off to the server rather than having it happen on the
PPC. Therefore it is not a stand-alone solution.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Rod Farmer" <remraf_rod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All.
>
> Is there any 'voice-to-text' software for ppc.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Rod

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 4:02:49 PM

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not that I am aware of. The voice recognition stuff that is out there
> primarily will recognize specific words and/or phrases and take actions
> based on them. I believe there is some capability when tied with MS
Speech
> Server to do some speech recognition/dictation but it transfers the
> recognition portion off to the server rather than having it happen on the
> PPC. Therefore it is not a stand-alone solution.
>
> --
> Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "Rod Farmer" <remraf_rod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All.
> >
> > Is there any 'voice-to-text' software for ppc.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Rod

It depends what you mean rather as the poster above says, the applications
which can be used,.I personally use Dragon Naturally Speaking. They all
don't provide for dictation into the PPC and *onto* the PPC> They just allow
you to dictate into the PPC and then transfer to PC for transcription. I
rather doubt that the currently available processors of the PPC would be
able to cope with the direct transcription.
August 8, 2004 6:19:01 PM

Reply to message from "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com>
(Sat, 07 Aug 2004 16:57:23) about "Re: Voice-to-text software for ppc":

What does PocketTalk do?

Bye
Rod Farmer <rodney.farmer@blueyonder.co.uk> Sun, 08 Aug 2004 01:22:17 +0100

Aug 2004 16:57:23 Subject: Re: Voice-to-text software for ppc

Not that I am aware of. The voice recognition stuff that is out there
primarily will recognize specific words and/or phrases and take actions
based on them. I believe there is some capability when tied with MS Speech
Server to do some speech recognition/dictation but it transfers the
recognition portion off to the server rather than having it happen on the
PPC. Therefore it is not a stand-alone solution.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices "Rod Farmer" <remraf_rod@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:eiA%23JbHfEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi All.

> Is there any 'voice-to-text' software for ppc.

> Thanks in advance.

> Rod
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 6:19:02 PM