Wireless Network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 11, 2005 9:53:46 PM

I have 5 PCs running windows XP pro and I would like to setup a wireless LAN
among them as a workgroup so could you please let me know what is the step
should I follow. I did LAN but using CAT 5 but this is the first time to me
to setup a wireless LAN. Also I need to know what is the best distance, I
mean what I shouldn't increase in the distance and if there is long distance
what I have to do to make power signal.

Thanks

More about : wireless network

June 11, 2005 9:53:47 PM

samh wrote:

> I have 5 PCs running windows XP pro and I would like to setup a
> wireless LAN among them as a workgroup so could you please let me know
> what is the step should I follow. I did LAN but using CAT 5 but this
> is the first time to me to setup a wireless LAN. Also I need to know
> what is the best distance, I mean what I shouldn't increase in the
> distance and if there is long distance what I have to do to make power
> signal.
>
> Thanks

Here are some links that should help you:

Wireless - Basic Configuration -

The six dumbest ways to secure a wireless LAN -
http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/index.php?p=43

Wireless Network Setup Wizard SP2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cabl...

Malke