Any comment on 1 Gbit/sec Ethernet and IPv6?

Hi,

I have a home network. Has anyone intalled the gigabit ethernet
and IPv6 on their PCs?

--js

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:15:45 -0500, "news.tamu.edu"
<joe.smith@intersite.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a home network. Has anyone intalled the gigabit ethernet
>and IPv6 on their PCs?

For what purpose?
If you want maximum performance, you might as well skip
TCP/IP on a lan rather than a wan.

news.tamu.edu writes:

> I have a home network. Has anyone intalled the gigabit ethernet
> and IPv6 on their PCs?

They work, but so do IPv4 and 100 Mbps Ethernet.