Help! hp photosmart 7260 not compatible with Avery labels!

I must have wasted about 5 or so sheets of audiocassette labels trying to get
the design to fall into the right place. The first time I tried, it came out
way too high on the page, so I calibrated the printer by wasting a label sheet
(you have to fold it both ways to find the center). Then I used a new label
sheet and printed again, it's way too low on the page. I reset the calibration
and it's in a new (third) position (on the new sheet). Using another program
(Paint Shop Pro) confirms that by printing a horizontal black line in the same
place each time on the same sheet, it cannot print on the same vertical place
twice!

My old Canon BJC-8200 could print on the labels fine until I destroyed the
printhead by scraping it with a screwdriver in a futile attempt to unclog it (I
already tried the ammonia trick and then gave up).

The only workaround is to print out the cassette label design onto regular
paper, then cut out one cassette label and tape it in place over the design by
holding it over a bright light.

It seems to me that the printer cannot sense where the top of the paper is, but
only with labels. And they are not clear, and I tried cutting off a little from
the top too.
1 answer Last reply
More about help photosmart 7260 compatible avery labels

    Sorry I have no solution to your printer problem, but I do have a solution
    for the wasted sheets of labels.

    What I do is print onto regular sheets of photocopy paper, and then hold it
    up to the light with the label sheet behind it, and you can check the way
    things line up until you have it right and then print on the label sheet for
    a final check.

    Er

    "Amishman35" <amishman35@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I must have wasted about 5 or so sheets of audiocassette labels trying to
    get
    > the design to fall into the right place. The first time I tried, it came
    out
    > way too high on the page, so I calibrated the printer by wasting a label
    sheet
    > (you have to fold it both ways to find the center). Then I used a new
    label
    > sheet and printed again, it's way too low on the page. I reset the
    calibration
    > and it's in a new (third) position (on the new sheet). Using another
    program
    > (Paint Shop Pro) confirms that by printing a horizontal black line in the
    same
    > place each time on the same sheet, it cannot print on the same vertical
    place
    > twice!
    >
    > My old Canon BJC-8200 could print on the labels fine until I destroyed the
    > printhead by scraping it with a screwdriver in a futile attempt to unclog
    it (I
    > already tried the ammonia trick and then gave up).
    >
    > The only workaround is to print out the cassette label design onto regular
    > paper, then cut out one cassette label and tape it in place over the
    design by
    > holding it over a bright light.
    >
    > It seems to me that the printer cannot sense where the top of the paper
    is, but
    > only with labels. And they are not clear, and I tried cutting off a little
    from
    > the top too.

Printers HP Photosmart Compatibility Peripherals