Two wifi networks?

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi
Can I connect two AP to my router one with wep so only I can connect and
onther open that anyone can connect to. and if so will the open network be
able to see my wired connections

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

You can connect two APs and set each one with its own SSID and a different
Channel and it will work.

However Wireless Security as nothing to do with securing your File. Wireless
is just replacing the wire, once one is connected (secure or insecure) they
will be able to see the shares according to the security policies (that the
same as Wired network).

There is a way to separate few computers from the rest by using Segregated
Network.

Wireless Segregation: http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"yar" <raybright@btclick.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Can I connect two AP to my router one with wep so only I can connect and
> onther open that anyone can connect to. and if so will the open network be
> able to see my wired connections

yar

Distinguished
May 3, 2004

Hi

I have looked at this and brought myself another router.

My main router/gateway is a linksys, the new router is also a linksys.

I have connected the main gateway to the new router with a cross over
cab;le.

i have tried changing all the settings I can find to make this work even
configuring the wan port with a static ip in the advance routing menu, but I
can not get this to work.

Any help or a link to an idiots guide would be appreciated.

The main gateway is in the 192.168.1.1 range and I configured the new
router to 192.1682.1.

Help please.

Ray