Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TR2-M1 no longer being made?

Last response: in Systems
Share
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 10, 2005 11:18:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

Hi,

I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
this product no longer being made?

Thanks,
Jim

More about : tr2 longer made

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 10, 2005 9:03:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:18:05 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
>this product no longer being made?


There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en...
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2005 4:39:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

kony wrote:
>
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:18:05 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
> >this product no longer being made?
>
> There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,
>
> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en...


kony,

Thanks. I did find a place where I could get a couple of TR2-M3s, but I
usually have been picking these up locally at a Microcenter near me, and
I noticed that the M1 has gone from the usual 1-2 days to 5-7 days,
which I've usually found means that they're starting to phase something
out, so I was just wondering...

Jim
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2005 11:11:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:39:32 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
wrote:

>
>
>kony wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:18:05 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
>> >this product no longer being made?
>>
>> There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,
>>
>> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en...
>
>
>kony,
>
>Thanks. I did find a place where I could get a couple of TR2-M3s, but I
>usually have been picking these up locally at a Microcenter near me, and
>I noticed that the M1 has gone from the usual 1-2 days to 5-7 days,
>which I've usually found means that they're starting to phase something
>out, so I was just wondering...
>
>Jim

I always found it easier to just buy bulk on cheap parts I
planned on using in the future... while that means I usually
end up with a spare part or two at the end of a (platform
era), the time and shipping savings (perhaps even bulk
quantity savings) can be sufficient offset.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 11, 2005 11:11:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt (More info?)

kony wrote:
>
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:39:32 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
> wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >kony wrote:
> >>
> >> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:18:05 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> >Hi,
> >> >
> >> >I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
> >> >this product no longer being made?
> >>
> >> There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,
> >>
> >> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en...
> >
> >
> >kony,
> >
> >Thanks. I did find a place where I could get a couple of TR2-M3s, but I
> >usually have been picking these up locally at a Microcenter near me, and
> >I noticed that the M1 has gone from the usual 1-2 days to 5-7 days,
> >which I've usually found means that they're starting to phase something
> >out, so I was just wondering...
> >
> >Jim
>
> I always found it easier to just buy bulk on cheap parts I
> planned on using in the future... while that means I usually
> end up with a spare part or two at the end of a (platform
> era), the time and shipping savings (perhaps even bulk
> quantity savings) can be sufficient offset.


I'm starting to agree with you. I can't tell you how many times I've
had "extra" TR2-M1s in my hands while I walked around that store (I
visit it about once a week), thinking "maybe I'll need this the next
time I build a system". That's why I got 2 of the TR2-M3s this time.

Jim
!