TR2-M1 no longer being made?

Hi,

I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
this product no longer being made?

Thanks,
Jim
4 answers Last reply
More about longer made

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:18:05 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
    >this product no longer being made?

    There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,

    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&tab=wf&scoring=p

    kony wrote:

    > On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:18:05 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
    > >this product no longer being made?
    >
    > There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,
    >
    > http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&tab=wf&scoring=p

    kony,

    Thanks. I did find a place where I could get a couple of TR2-M3s, but I
    usually have been picking these up locally at a Microcenter near me, and
    I noticed that the M1 has gone from the usual 1-2 days to 5-7 days,
    which I've usually found means that they're starting to phase something
    out, so I was just wondering...

    Jim

    On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:39:32 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
    wrote:

    >kony wrote:
    >>
    >> On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:18:05 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> >I've been having trouble finding the TR2-M1 CPU heatsink/fan lately. Is
    >> >this product no longer being made?
    >>
    >> There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,
    >>
    >> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&tab=wf&scoring=p
    >

    >kony,
    >
    >Thanks. I did find a place where I could get a couple of TR2-M3s, but I
    >usually have been picking these up locally at a Microcenter near me, and
    >I noticed that the M1 has gone from the usual 1-2 days to 5-7 days,
    >which I've usually found means that they're starting to phase something
    >out, so I was just wondering...
    >
    >Jim

    I always found it easier to just buy bulk on cheap parts I
    planned on using in the future... while that means I usually
    end up with a spare part or two at the end of a (platform
    era), the time and shipping savings (perhaps even bulk
    quantity savings) can be sufficient offset.

    kony wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:39:32 -0400, ohaya <ohaya@cox.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >kony wrote:

    > >> There seems to be a few hits with Froogle,
    > >>
    > >> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=TR2-M1&num=20&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&tab=wf&scoring=p
    > >

    > >kony,
    > >
    > >Thanks. I did find a place where I could get a couple of TR2-M3s, but I
    > >usually have been picking these up locally at a Microcenter near me, and
    > >I noticed that the M1 has gone from the usual 1-2 days to 5-7 days,
    > >which I've usually found means that they're starting to phase something
    > >out, so I was just wondering...
    > >
    > >Jim
    >
    > I always found it easier to just buy bulk on cheap parts I
    > planned on using in the future... while that means I usually
    > end up with a spare part or two at the end of a (platform
    > era), the time and shipping savings (perhaps even bulk
    > quantity savings) can be sufficient offset.

    I'm starting to agree with you. I can't tell you how many times I've
    had "extra" TR2-M1s in my hands while I walked around that store (I
    visit it about once a week), thinking "maybe I'll need this the next
    time I build a system". That's why I got 2 of the TR2-M3s this time.

    Jim

Homebuilt Hardware Heatsinks Systems