who is using my wireless?

Hi
Is there a way to tell who is accessing my WRT54G wireless lan ?
any hellp appreciated
Mike
4 answers Last reply
More about wireless

    Airsnare is one way...

    http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

    Please read these wireless security FAQs and secure your wireless network...

    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/wifisecurity
    http://www.dslreports.com/faq/wlan/40.0%20Security

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Michael Bauer" <m.r.bauer@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Is there a way to tell who is accessing my WRT54G wireless lan ?
    > any hellp appreciated
    > Mike

    Airsnare doesn't work with all wireless cards. There should be, but I don't
    know where it is, a list of compatible cards.

    Clark

    > Airsnare is one way...
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/
    >
    > Please read these wireless security FAQs and secure your wireless
    > network...
    >
    > http://www.dslreports.com/faq/wifisecurity
    > http://www.dslreports.com/faq/wlan/40.0%20Security
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >

    > "Michael Bauer" <m.r.bauer@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Is there a way to tell who is accessing my WRT54G wireless lan ?
    >> any hellp appreciated
    >> Mike

    Hi

    I do not know what is the level of "emergency" that you experience.

    May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/faq#signal

    Who is logging? Might be impossible to find.

    Is some one logging?

    The simplest thing is to periodically log to the Router and glance at DHPC
    (Or IP) Client table of the Router and see if there are addtional IPs given
    out.

    There are also a program that work with Linksys Routers:
    http://www.linklogger.com

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    > Hi
    > Is there a way to tell who is accessing my WRT54G wireless lan ?
    > any hellp appreciated
    > Mike

    "Michael Bauer" <m.r.bauer@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Is there a way to tell who is accessing my WRT54G wireless lan ?
    > any hellp appreciated
    > Mike

    If you configure your router some more (like with MAC filtering eg.) you'll
    KNOW (beforehand) who can make use of it and you don't have to guess who
    MIGHT be using it in an unauthorized way.
    It's not an omnipotent measure, but it helps.

    george

Wireless Networking Microsoft Wireless Lan Wireless Networking