This jams my network

Jimmy

If I use this http://tinyurl.com/dgqcy my network is totally jammed. I am
using a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and a Compaq Presario R3000
notebook. Could there be any way around this interference? Does this mean if
I walk around with one of these in my pocket I could jam any network like
wifi or airport access and so on?

J.

Jimmy schrieb:
> If I use this http://tinyurl.com/dgqcy my network is totally jammed. I am
> using a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and a Compaq Presario R3000
> notebook. Could there be any way around this interference? Does this mean if
> I walk around with one of these in my pocket I could jam any network like
> wifi or airport access and so on?

Off course an appliance like that jams your wireless network - it
transmits a full TV videostream using WLAN frquencies!

--

Martin Bodenstedt

www.maboko de / www.die-bodenstedts.de

Jimmy

Martin Bodenstedt wrote:
> Jimmy schrieb:
>> If I use this http://tinyurl.com/dgqcy my network is totally jammed.
>> I am using a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and a Compaq Presario
>> R3000 notebook. Could there be any way around this interference?
>> Does this mean if I walk around with one of these in my pocket I
>> could jam any network like wifi or airport access and so on?
>
> Off course an appliance like that jams your wireless network - it
> transmits a full TV videostream using WLAN frquencies!
>>
>> J.

That part I think I have learned to comprehend. Along with other devices in
that range that may or may not cause catastrophic results. I was hoping for
some input on how this transmitter may effect other networks in it's
proximity and ways to avoid interference if there are any.

Thanks to anyone for any comments.

J.