3700 San diego’s stock heatsink question

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I will be ordering this processor within the next few days but my
question is regarding the stock heatsink. Will it be adequate for
gaming? I won’t be overclocking it but i will be running the latest
games. Also, how will ambient temperature effect it? Im not sure how
much heat an X850xt will give off but that’s what i will be ordering.

If i do need to upgrade, any heatsink & fan recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-3700-San-diego-stock-heatsink-ftopict57629.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=290502
2 answers Last reply
More about 3700 diego stock heatsink question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    "Timmn32884" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
    >I will be ordering this processor within the next few days but my
    > question is regarding the stock heatsink. Will it be adequate for
    > gaming? I won't be overclocking it but i will be running the latest
    > games. Also, how will ambient temperature effect it? Im not sure how
    > much heat an X850xt will give off but that's what i will be ordering.
    >
    > If i do need to upgrade, any heatsink & fan recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    I have the PCI-E X850 and all the heat is exhausted out the 2nd slot (board
    takes up 2 slots). Since the main components are faced away from the CPU
    HS/Fan area it has little effect on case temps at all. You will also like
    how quiet this board is. Upon post, it revs up to it's highest speed for a
    couple of seconds then slows to it's normal speed. It is virtually silent
    and nothing I can do will make it speed up after post. I use the I-6xx 2mb
    L2 series of Intel S-775 processor, so can't comment on your other question.

    Ed
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    You should be fine, I have the same cpu overclocked to 2.6Ghz with no
    problems using the stock heatsink. I have an X800 pro video card running at
    550Mhz also. The only other fans in the system are an 80mm back exhaust fan
    and the 120mm fan in the PSU.

    "Timmn32884" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
    >I will be ordering this processor within the next few days but my
    > question is regarding the stock heatsink. Will it be adequate for
    > gaming? I won't be overclocking it but i will be running the latest
    > games. Also, how will ambient temperature effect it? Im not sure how
    > much heat an X850xt will give off but that's what i will be ordering.
    >
    > If i do need to upgrade, any heatsink & fan recommendations?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

    > request
    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-3700-San-diego-stock-heatsink-ftopict57629.html