Keyboard Typing Interferes with Computer sound.. annoying

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Hey all, I have the worst problem.. Im running a
asus a7n8x-delxe
2500+ chip,
1 gig corsair ram
ti 4200 video card nvidia)
Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer 5.1 X-Gamer
Logitech MX wireless keoyboard and mouse combo

When I am playing mp3s, or any sound for the matter, and im typing,
like right now, it interrupts sound and causes little blips in it.
Does anyone know how to fix this, it is just awful and I cant seem to
fix this.

The sound actually slows down and it is not nice to listen to, just
annoying, any help is greatly appreciated!

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Keyboard-Typing-Interferes-Computer-sound-annoying-ftopict57753.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=291205

Probably a Windows setup problem. Try turning off system sounds in
control panel. Or it might be Assessability Options. Or it might be
your Logitech software. Currently, there is little/no reason to
install keyboard software.

pepsico <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

> Hey all, I have the worst problem.. Im running a
> asus a7n8x-delxe
> 2500+ chip,
> 1 gig corsair ram
> ti 4200 video card nvidia)
> Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer 5.1 X-Gamer
> Logitech MX wireless keoyboard and mouse combo
>
> When I am playing mp3s, or any sound for the matter, and im
typing,
> like right now, it interrupts sound and causes little blips in it.
> Does anyone know how to fix this, it is just awful and I cant seem
> fix this.
>
> The sound actually slows down and it is not nice to listen to,
just
> annoying, any help is greatly appreciated!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

> Hey all, I have the worst problem.. Im running a
> asus a7n8x-delxe
> 2500+ chip,
> 1 gig corsair ram
> ti 4200 video card nvidia)
> Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer 5.1 X-Gamer
> Logitech MX wireless keoyboard and mouse combo
> When I am playing mp3s, or any sound for the matter, and im typing,
> like right now, it interrupts sound and causes little blips in it.
> Does anyone know how to fix this, it is just awful and I cant seem to
> fix this.> The sound actually slows down and it is not nice to listen to,
> just
> annoying, any help is greatly appreciated!

Did the sound quality use to be fine or is something in your setup new?
Did you try the video card in different PCI slots?

---
Kevin Chalker, Owner (KC COMPUTERS)
E-mail: kc@kc-computers.com Web: www.kc-computers.com
Internet dealer since 1991!!! See WWW.RESELLERRATINGS.COM!!!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

On 21 Jun 2005 01:35:59 -0400, pepsico
<UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote:

>Hey all, I have the worst problem.. Im running a
>asus a7n8x-delxe
> 2500+ chip,
>1 gig corsair ram
>ti 4200 video card nvidia)
>Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer 5.1 X-Gamer
>Logitech MX wireless keoyboard and mouse combo
>
>When I am playing mp3s, or any sound for the matter, and im typing,
>like right now, it interrupts sound and causes little blips in it.
>Does anyone know how to fix this, it is just awful and I cant seem to
>fix this.
>
>The sound actually slows down and it is not nice to listen to, just
>annoying, any help is greatly appreciated!

Are you using the (discrete, PCI bus based) SATA drive
controller, and/or both of the network adapters?

If both network adapters are active but you only use one,
try disabling one (then switch and try only the other one if
that doesn't help).

The SATA doesn't leave anything to do, only to recognize it
as a PCI bus (user) in competition with the SB card. You
could try adjusting the PCI latency (higher, probably
defaulted to 32 so try 64-96) in the bios, though the SB
card probably already has a higher latency set.

You can try decreasing the (unneeded) PCI latency set to the
video card (even though it's AGP, or rather, due to it)
using one of these:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/AGP_PCI_Latency_Utility_d852.html

I'm not familiar with the former tool, but the description
looks promising... I do know the second one works, though
with either you'd need save the settings such that they load
at each boot.

Another alternative is a different SB card driver. If you
have the nVidia sound enabled too, you might disable that-
as well as any other unneeded devices, though things like
serial ports may not matter in this situation... even so,
there's only potential (benefit) to disabling unused
devices.

You could try a motherboard bios update, but I wouldn't
expect it to matter- that doesn't necessarily mean it
wouldn't though.

Had anything changed on the system prior to onset of this
problem?

"pepsico" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hey all, I have the worst problem.. Im running a
> asus a7n8x-delxe
> 2500+ chip,
> 1 gig corsair ram
> ti 4200 video card nvidia)
> Sound Blaster Live X-Gamer 5.1 X-Gamer
> Logitech MX wireless keoyboard and mouse combo
>
> When I am playing mp3s, or any sound for the matter, and im typing,
> like right now, it interrupts sound and causes little blips in it.
> Does anyone know how to fix this, it is just awful and I cant seem to
> fix this.
>
> The sound actually slows down and it is not nice to listen to, just
> annoying, any help is greatly appreciated!

One possibility for you 'filter keys' in 'accessibility'. bw..J

John Doe, <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>, the worthless, comatose glutton, and
person who wears tents because no regular clothes will fit, yielded:

--
Thou hayseed. Thou impotent, infectious feader.

impersonation/forgery
apparently by the extremely active malicious troll Kadaitcha Man than

"John Doe" <jd03@vs3n3t.l0v3.1nv4l1d> wrote:

> Path: newssvr17.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm02.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!pd7cy2so!pd7cy1no!shaw.ca!news.alt.net!bnewsoutpeer00.bru.ops.eu.uu.nat!lnewsinpeer01.lnd.ops.eu.uu.nat!lnewspost00.lnd.ops.eu.uu.nat!emea.uu.nat!$3ef82b3c!133.256.1.103.MISMATCH!not-for-mail
> From: "John Doe" <jd03 vs3n3t.l0v3.1nv4l1d>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
> Subject: Re: firm stool, then thin and soft...
> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:25:14 +0545
>
> John Doe, <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>, the worthless, comatose glutton, and
> person who wears tents because no regular clothes will fit, yielded:
>
>> ok, here it goes. It has to do with love. well not really. A pathetic
>> love is what i like to call it. Because their is no real love between
>> me and this person. I would wish they'd love me in a relationship
>> situation but i dont know if they like me at all or not. Its a crush i
>> guess. I have other problems..well not now as much as before. It was
>> really bad before. Now i would have to say everything is not very bad
>> besides being alone more often then i've ever been in my life. It
>> doesnt matter. I dont mind it as much anymore. Anyway!.
>

> --
> Thou hayseed. Thou impotent, infectious feader.

John Doe, <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>, the ungainly, self-involved arse, and
marshlands attendant, chattered:

> impersonation/forgery
> apparently by the extremely active malicious troll Kadaitcha Man than
>
> "John Doe" <jd03@vs3n3t.l0v3.1nv4l1d> wrote:

>> From: "John Doe" <jd03 vs3n3t.l0v3.1nv4l1d>
>> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
>> Subject: Re: firm stool, then thin and soft...
>> Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:25:14 +0545
>>
>> John Doe, <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>, the worthless, comatose
>> glutton, and
>> person who wears tents because no regular clothes will fit, yielded:
>>
>>> ok, here it goes. It has to do with love. well not really. A
>>> pathetic love is what i like to call it. Because their is no real
>>> love between me and this person. I would wish they'd love me in a
>>> relationship situation but i dont know if they like me at all or
>>> not. Its a crush i guess. I have other problems..well not now as
>>> much as before. It was really bad before. Now i would have to say
>>> everything is not very bad besides being alone more often then i've
>>> ever been in my life. It doesnt matter. I dont mind it as much
>>> anymore. Anyway!.
>>

>> --
>> Thou hayseed. Thou impotent, infectious feader.

--
Thou diffused infection of a man. Thou louse of a lazar.