Microsoft Works Adress Book, Database, etc.

August 7, 2004 3:06:05 PM

How would I get pocket pc device to utilize Microsoft
Works applications. Works has calendar, task manager,
addressbook, database. I would like to inlude these
documents and tasks to my Pocket PC. Can anyone assist me?
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 8:25:21 PM

In message <202401c47ca9$352dd590$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "cajones01"
<dcny@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> How would I get pocket pc device to utilize Microsoft
> Works applications. Works has calendar, task manager,
> addressbook, database. I would like to inlude these
> documents and tasks to my Pocket PC. Can anyone assist me?

AFAIK you can't sync with Works directly. You might, however, be able to export
the Works calendar, etc into a form Outlook can import, ie. a CSV format for
example.

Others may have a better solution.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

--
Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

I haven't tried Microsoft Works in several years. However:

1. It used to come with a syncrhonization module for Windows CE/Pocket PC
2. The current Works 8 product page still lists ActiveSync support:

http://www.microsoft.com/products/works/systemrequireme...

Microsoft Works users should check their CD disc to see if it contains an
add-on to work with Pocket PCs.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info