cyclic redundancy check

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 25, 2004 9:58:29 PM

Hello folks,

I have a HP Deskjet 3325.

I'm printing a few sheets (colour) and keep getting the message "There was an
error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp deskjet 3320 series): Data error
(cyclic redundancy check)"

Can you please explain this to me? I've tried printing a few sheets and each
time (after printing a different amount on each sheet) the error message is
repeated. I had this problem a while ago which disappeared for a while.

I wrote to HP for some advice and have tried some of those suggests, all of
which have failed. Here's some of what they wrote and my most recent
response..... (maybe I should buy another brand of printer or is it a windows
thingy?)

>From: Regional Customer Contact Centre
>The file you want to print might be corrupted. To check this, create a new file
in Notepad/WordPad or Paint and if this file >prints out correctly, the problem
is probably caused by the software being used when the error appears.

I have resaved the file in Paint (.bmp) format and reprinted it. Problem
still occurs.

>>Go to Device manager and USB Controllers and check if there is any yellow
exclamation mark or a red cross.

There is neither a mark nor cross.

>If the USB controllers in the Device manager look fine, check which type of USB
chipset is installed. The chipset type can be >checked in the Device manager
where it should be possible to see a USB Root Hub & another USB device (for
example >Intel, VIA, AMD). If the USB chipset is not an Intel chipset, contact
the manufacturer of the computer to obtain an update for >this USB chipset

That Manufacturer would be HP. I have a Pavilion 6617.

Many thanks.

--
....· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

I had the same problem with a hp printer. It turned out that the usb
ports on the pci card were the problem - even though they detected
devices and appeared to be working properly in every other way. When
I switched to the onboard usb the problem was gone. I had loaded
updated drivers for everything and tried every other solution I came
across on the net. If your usb ports are already onboard maybe you
should try an add-in card? Good luck.

"Margaret" <blinkiemad@hotmail.comREMOVE> wrote in message news:<412c62fe$0$8962$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Hello folks,
>
> I have a HP Deskjet 3325.
>
> I'm printing a few sheets (colour) and keep getting the message "There was an
> error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp deskjet 3320 series): Data error
> (cyclic redundancy check)"
>
> Can you please explain this to me? I've tried printing a few sheets and each
> time (after printing a different amount on each sheet) the error message is
> repeated. I had this problem a while ago which disappeared for a while.
>
> I wrote to HP for some advice and have tried some of those suggests, all of
> which have failed. Here's some of what they wrote and my most recent
> response..... (maybe I should buy another brand of printer or is it a windows
> thingy?)
>
> >From: Regional Customer Contact Centre
> >The file you want to print might be corrupted. To check this, create a new file
> in Notepad/WordPad or Paint and if this file >prints out correctly, the problem
> is probably caused by the software being used when the error appears.
>
> I have resaved the file in Paint (.bmp) format and reprinted it. Problem
> still occurs.
>
> >>Go to Device manager and USB Controllers and check if there is any yellow
> exclamation mark or a red cross.
>
> There is neither a mark nor cross.
>
> >If the USB controllers in the Device manager look fine, check which type of USB
> chipset is installed. The chipset type can be >checked in the Device manager
> where it should be possible to see a USB Root Hub & another USB device (for
> example >Intel, VIA, AMD). If the USB chipset is not an Intel chipset, contact
> the manufacturer of the computer to obtain an update for >this USB chipset
>
> That Manufacturer would be HP. I have a Pavilion 6617.
>
> Many thanks.
September 3, 2004 4:11:34 AM

esther0565@hotmail.com (Esther) wrote in message news:<26665b2a.0409020726.6c343bf7@posting.google.com>...
> I had the same problem with a hp printer. It turned out that the usb
> ports on the pci card were the problem - even though they detected
> devices and appeared to be working properly in every other way. When
> I switched to the onboard usb the problem was gone. I had loaded
> updated drivers for everything and tried every other solution I came
> across on the net. If your usb ports are already onboard maybe you
> should try an add-in card? Good luck.

Sounds like a hardware problem. Maybe the USB cable (try another), or
the ports as above.
September 3, 2004 11:58:21 AM

"Alan" <7ibehx001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> esther0565@hotmail.com (Esther) wrote in message
> > I had the same problem with a hp printer. It turned out that the usb
> > ports on the pci card were the problem - even though they detected
> > devices and appeared to be working properly in every other way. When
> > I switched to the onboard usb the problem was gone. I had loaded
> > updated drivers for everything and tried every other solution I came
> > across on the net. If your usb ports are already onboard maybe you
> > should try an add-in card? Good luck.
>
> Sounds like a hardware problem. Maybe the USB cable (try another), or
> the ports as above.

I had a similar problem that I traced to an self-powered USB hub. I
replaced with a powered hub and have not seen the error since.

Mark
!