cyclic redundancy check

Hello folks,

I have a HP Deskjet 3325.

I'm printing a few sheets (colour) and keep getting the message "There was an
error writing to USB001 for the printer (hp deskjet 3320 series): Data error
(cyclic redundancy check)"

Can you please explain this to me? I've tried printing a few sheets and each
time (after printing a different amount on each sheet) the error message is
repeated. I had this problem a while ago which disappeared for a while.

I wrote to HP for some advice and have tried some of those suggests, all of
which have failed. Here's some of what they wrote and my most recent
response..... (maybe I should buy another brand of printer or is it a windows
thingy?)

>From: Regional Customer Contact Centre
>The file you want to print might be corrupted. To check this, create a new file
in Notepad/WordPad or Paint and if this file >prints out correctly, the problem
is probably caused by the software being used when the error appears.

I have resaved the file in Paint (.bmp) format and reprinted it. Problem
still occurs.

>>Go to Device manager and USB Controllers and check if there is any yellow
exclamation mark or a red cross.

There is neither a mark nor cross.

>If the USB controllers in the Device manager look fine, check which type of USB
chipset is installed. The chipset type can be >checked in the Device manager
where it should be possible to see a USB Root Hub & another USB device (for
example >Intel, VIA, AMD). If the USB chipset is not an Intel chipset, contact
the manufacturer of the computer to obtain an update for >this USB chipset

That Manufacturer would be HP. I have a Pavilion 6617.

Many thanks.

--
....· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

    I had the same problem with a hp printer. It turned out that the usb
    ports on the pci card were the problem - even though they detected
    devices and appeared to be working properly in every other way. When
    I switched to the onboard usb the problem was gone. I had loaded
    updated drivers for everything and tried every other solution I came
    across on the net. If your usb ports are already onboard maybe you
    should try an add-in card? Good luck.

    esther0565@hotmail.com (Esther) wrote in message news:<26665b2a.0409020726.6c343bf7@posting.google.com>...
    > I had the same problem with a hp printer. It turned out that the usb
    > ports on the pci card were the problem - even though they detected
    > devices and appeared to be working properly in every other way. When
    > I switched to the onboard usb the problem was gone. I had loaded
    > updated drivers for everything and tried every other solution I came
    > across on the net. If your usb ports are already onboard maybe you
    > should try an add-in card? Good luck.

    Sounds like a hardware problem. Maybe the USB cable (try another), or
    the ports as above.

    "Alan" <7ibehx001@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    > esther0565@hotmail.com (Esther) wrote in message
    > > I had the same problem with a hp printer. It turned out that the usb
    > > ports on the pci card were the problem - even though they detected
    > > devices and appeared to be working properly in every other way. When
    > > I switched to the onboard usb the problem was gone. I had loaded
    > > updated drivers for everything and tried every other solution I came
    > > across on the net. If your usb ports are already onboard maybe you
    > > should try an add-in card? Good luck.
    >
    > Sounds like a hardware problem. Maybe the USB cable (try another), or
    > the ports as above.

    I had a similar problem that I traced to an self-powered USB hub. I
    replaced with a powered hub and have not seen the error since.

    Mark

Printers Hewlett Packard Peripherals