NTSC (ie video) to VGA converters? (using old VGA monitors..

There must be some way I can put my old 19" tube VGA monitors to use
for watching regular off-air or cable TV. No home theater or media
room is complete without, say, 4 monitors for watching auxilliary
channels, security cam, etc.

So is there anything on the market for taking an NTSC signal
(composite, S-video, etc) and generating an RGB signal that can be
connected to a conventional multi-sync VGA monitor? Ideally it would
have a built-in tuner and CATV/antenna input.

I'm sure there are plenty of commercially available ones, quick google
search will find you some, like
http://www.barrel-of-monkeys.com/graphics/prod/tvtuners/tvtuner1280.shtml
but if you want to build your own, and this is
alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt check out
http://elm-chan.org/works/sc/report.html no tuner but... I haven't
tried it but have thought about doing it before. I would expect you
would get some pixilation as you are basically doubling the speed, so
probably a 2x increase in pixel size to what you're used to on a
monitor. If it's far enough away probably not an issue, i'd be more
concerned about the distortion... Anyway let us know what you use and
how it works for you.

-john