Foxconn K7S741GXMG-6L Windows XP install problem - update ..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

Just to save anyone else some time...

Just bought a Foxconn K7S741GXMG-6L (from EBuyer in UK). Brand new etc.
etc.

It wouldn't install Windows (but Linux was fine). Sorted by updating the
BIOS from www.foxconnchannel.com , now windows XP installing fine...

Regards

(PS the "Bundled" CPU cooler was garbage, ..., but the motherboard & Sempron
3000 for £66:37 seems reasonable...)

Regards

Rab

"Rab C Nesbitt" <rab_c_nesbittNOSPAM@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Just to save anyone else some time...
>
> Just bought a Foxconn K7S741GXMG-6L (from EBuyer in UK). Brand new etc.
> etc.
>
> It wouldn't install Windows (but Linux was fine). Sorted by updating the
> BIOS from www.foxconnchannel.com , now windows XP installing fine...
>

> Regards
>
> (PS the "Bundled" CPU cooler was garbage, ..., but the motherboard &
> Sempron 3000 for £66:37 seems reasonable...)
>
> Regards
>
> Rab

Quite a few amd boards wont run a sempron stable, without an
upgrade.........

Gaz

gmflores

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
Rab,

I noticed u updated the BIOS on your new MB u bought more than 6 months ago. My K7S741GXMG-6L already has 426W1P45 version on it and I was wondering whether you had updated over the same version of BIOS? I ask because I don't want to fix something that isn't really broke and it's only that a single DIMM will only work on my system for some strange reason. I've ruled out the PS and now am concentrating on the BIOS.