Dymo Labelwriters 310/320 on plain thermal paper

I'm interested about Dymo Labelwriters 310 and 320. I just wanted to use
them printing on normal thermal paper, not on those Dymo special labels.

So is this possible? Will Dymo 320 work and print if I just load there
some 56 mm wide roll of thermal paper inside? Or has Dymo put there some
technical stopper that prevents using anything else but the original
Dymo labels?

I know that those Dymo labels have some punch holes in them, that are
used to guide and stop the printer to the beginning of the next label.
Then, if there are no holes, will the printer print anything?
There should come some standard Windows printer driver in Dymo package.
My thought was that that driver would enable me to print from any Window
application, and no sheet holes would be needed.

I called to Dymo's technical support and asked about this. They told
that tehy do not know anything about this matter, or about these kind of
things in general. And they heavily suggested me to buy and use only the
original Dymo printing labels:)

I would not want to buy one Dymo printer, just to test and see that it
absolutely denies to print on anything else than on the original Dymo
labels.

Does anyone know anything about this? Thanks a lot.

Pekka

Pekka Taslan wrote:

> So is this possible? Will Dymo 320 work and print if I just load there
> some 56 mm wide roll of thermal paper inside? Or has Dymo put there some
> technical stopper that prevents using anything else but the original
> Dymo labels?

This question has got an answer, after purchasing the product.

Dymo 320 prints fine on standard 56 mm wide thermal roll paper.

So there was no techcical stoppers built in after all.