Which offers more overall performance?

AMD Athlon-64 3800+ - 512k L2
AMD Athlon-64 3700+ - 1m L2

CM

In article <6IhFe.508$kk6.176@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, csm says...
> Which offers more overall performance?
>
> AMD Athlon-64 3800+ - 512k L2
> AMD Athlon-64 3700+ - 1m L2

My preference would be for the 3700. You could always overclock it
slightly to get it to 3800+.

--
Conor

csm writes:

> AMD Athlon-64 3800+ - 512k L2
> AMD Athlon-64 3700+ - 1m L2

My guess would be the 3700. The greater amount of high-speed cache
memory more than compensates for the very small difference in clock
speed. Modern processors are often held way back from their full
capacity by slow memory, so the more cache they have, the faster they
run.