Does default memory causing the error using internet brows..

K7VTA3 motherboard with 128MB DDR memory.
Video card: GeForce 2 MX400 64MB AGP 4x/2x
OS: windows XP pro, internet explorer 6.1, Netscape 8.0

I have an error box display when I'm using internet explorer
6.1 or Netscape 8.0 during internet connection. It has nothing to do
with any software because I test in other computer it has no error box
display. I know that using k7VTA3 Motherboard and/or 128M DDR memory
causes the error. Which one? The video is not the problem becaues I
test and replace with new video card that produces same error. So it
must be the motherboard or the memory
causing the problem. which one? I suspect it could be memory.
Do you think using the default memory causing the Internet Explorer
and Netscape to produce error box?

mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> K7VTA3 motherboard with 128MB DDR memory.
> Video card: GeForce 2 MX400 64MB AGP 4x/2x
> OS: windows XP pro, internet explorer 6.1, Netscape 8.0
>
> I have an error box display when I'm using internet explorer
> 6.1 or Netscape 8.0 during internet connection. It has nothing to do
> with any software because I test in other computer it has no error box
> display. I know that using k7VTA3 Motherboard and/or 128M DDR memory
> causes the error. Which one? The video is not the problem becaues I
> test and replace with new video card that produces same error. So it
> must be the motherboard or the memory
> causing the problem. which one? I suspect it could be memory.
> Do you think using the default memory causing the Internet Explorer
> and Netscape to produce error box?

Can't tell a thing without knowing what the 'error' is.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:51:20 -0500, David Maynard
<nospam@private.net> wrote:

>mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>>
>> K7VTA3 motherboard with 128MB DDR memory.
>> Video card: GeForce 2 MX400 64MB AGP 4x/2x
>> OS: windows XP pro, internet explorer 6.1, Netscape 8.0
>>
>> I have an error box display when I'm using internet explorer
>> 6.1 or Netscape 8.0 during internet connection. It has nothing to do
>> with any software because I test in other computer it has no error box
>> display. I know that using k7VTA3 Motherboard and/or 128M DDR memory
>> causes the error. Which one? The video is not the problem becaues I
>> test and replace with new video card that produces same error. So it
>> must be the motherboard or the memory
>> causing the problem. which one? I suspect it could be memory.
>> Do you think using the default memory causing the Internet Explorer
>> and Netscape to produce error box?
>>

>Can't tell a thing without knowing what the 'error' is.

.... or knowing a bit more detail on how the sweeping
conclusions were drawn. Real PITA to troubleshoot something
when the actual problem was assumed NOT a problem.

kony wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:51:20 -0500, David Maynard
> <nospam@private.net> wrote:
>

>>mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>>
>>> K7VTA3 motherboard with 128MB DDR memory.
>>> Video card: GeForce 2 MX400 64MB AGP 4x/2x
>>> OS: windows XP pro, internet explorer 6.1, Netscape 8.0
>>>
>>> I have an error box display when I'm using internet explorer
>>> 6.1 or Netscape 8.0 during internet connection. It has nothing to do
>>>with any software because I test in other computer it has no error box
>>>display. I know that using k7VTA3 Motherboard and/or 128M DDR memory
>>>causes the error. Which one? The video is not the problem becaues I
>>>test and replace with new video card that produces same error. So it
>>>must be the motherboard or the memory
>>>causing the problem. which one? I suspect it could be memory.
>>>Do you think using the default memory causing the Internet Explorer
>>>and Netscape to produce error box?
>>>

>>Can't tell a thing without knowing what the 'error' is.
>

> ... or knowing a bit more detail on how the sweeping
> conclusions were drawn.

I don't think it matters since they are invalid anyway.

> Real PITA to troubleshoot something
> when the actual problem was assumed NOT a problem.

Hehe. Yeah. He ruled out the most likely one right off the bat.