RDP over Wireless SP2

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 4:36:05 AM

Hi,

Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the
client is running XP pro with SP2

Regards
Paul.

More about : rdp wireless sp2

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 4:36:06 AM

Sure...See this page for help...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uJyrBe6bFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the client is running XP pro
> with SP2
>
> Regards
> Paul.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 4:36:07 AM

Correction....

That should read..."Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC your trying to connect to with
Remote Desktop is running XP Pro"...

--

> Sure...See this page for help...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...
>
> Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uJyrBe6bFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the client is running XP
>> pro with SP2
>>
>> Regards
>> Paul.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 4:59:53 AM

Thanks.

Wired thing is that the Laptop (running XP pro) cannot RDP to my Win2003
server held on a remote connection (WAN).

If I connect the machine via the Ethernet adapter, it works fine.

Would wireless have anything to do with the connection itself? My Router is
802.11g enabled

Cheers
Paul.

> Sure...See this page for help...
>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...
>
> Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the
>> client is running XP pro with SP2
>>
>> Regards
>> Paul.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 13, 2005 3:07:33 PM

Interesting... No, wireless should have nothing to do with whether or not you can or can not
connect.

Can you connect with the same laptop client via wireless to another PC running XP Remote Desktop?

When it fails are you only using the wireless interface, ie. meaning the wired interface is not
connected to your local LAN and you also have the wireless interface connected to your local LAN?

--

!