RDP over Wireless SP2

Hi,

Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the
client is running XP pro with SP2

Regards
Paul.
4 answers Last reply
More about wireless

    Sure...See this page for help...

    Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uJyrBe6bFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the client is running XP pro
    > with SP2
    >
    > Regards
    > Paul.

    Correction....

    That should read..."Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC your trying to connect to with
    Remote Desktop is running XP Pro"...

    --

    > Sure...See this page for help...
    >
    > http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooting.html
    >
    > Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uJyrBe6bFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the client is running XP
    >> pro with SP2
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Paul.

    Thanks.

    Wired thing is that the Laptop (running XP pro) cannot RDP to my Win2003
    server held on a remote connection (WAN).

    If I connect the machine via the Ethernet adapter, it works fine.

    Would wireless have anything to do with the connection itself? My Router is
    802.11g enabled

    Cheers
    Paul.

    > Sure...See this page for help...
    >
    > http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooting.html
    >
    > Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...
    >
    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >

    > "Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the
    >> client is running XP pro with SP2
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Paul.

    Interesting... No, wireless should have nothing to do with whether or not you can or can not
    connect.

    Can you connect with the same laptop client via wireless to another PC running XP Remote Desktop?

    When it fails are you only using the wireless interface, ie. meaning the wired interface is not
    connected to your local LAN and you also have the wireless interface connected to your local LAN?

    --

    "Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OviGXr6bFHA.3932@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Wired thing is that the Laptop (running XP pro) cannot RDP to my Win2003 server held on a remote
    > connection (WAN).
    >
    > If I connect the machine via the Ethernet adapter, it works fine.
    >
    > Would wireless have anything to do with the connection itself? My Router is 802.11g enabled
    >
    > Cheers
    > Paul.
    >
    > "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Sure...See this page for help...
    >>
    >> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RemoteDesktopSetupandTroubleshooting.html
    >>
    >> Presuming of course that the desktop/laptop PC is running XP Pro...
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    >> "Paul King" <kin0363k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uJyrBe6bFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Should I be able to access my Remote Desktop from a wireless client - the client is running XP
    >>> pro with SP2
    >>>
    >>> Regards
    >>> Paul.

Wireless Remote Desktop Networking Microsoft Windows XP Wireless Networking