Abit AV8 motherboard installation problem

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Hardware
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
August 5, 2005 12:41:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I installed a new abit motherboard socket 939. I installed everything
and turned the system on to get an error code of 7F (Switch back to
text mode if full screen logo is supported. If errors occur.... etc
etc.) What should I do to correct this??
Thanks to anyone who can help me. Abit, in the manual, suggest if you
experience problems to go to the newsgroups.
:cry:

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Abit-AV8-mothe...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302894

More about : abit av8 motherboard installation problem

August 11, 2005 5:35:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

turn off the logo screen from the bios....are you using a LCD monitor?

"cgaking" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
> I installed a new abit motherboard socket 939. I installed everything
> and turned the system on to get an error code of 7F (Switch back to
> text mode if full screen logo is supported. If errors occur.... etc
> etc.) What should I do to correct this??
> Thanks to anyone who can help me. Abit, in the manual, suggest if you
> experience problems to go to the newsgroups.
> :cry:

request
> Topic URL:
http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Abit-AV8-mothe...
http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=302894
October 28, 2009 4:51:56 PM

I had the same problem a few days ago. I was messing around with the power supply, and when it wouldn't start I thought it was broke for good.

Continuous beeping and the 7F error message.

Turned out though that it was just a jumper that had come off while I disconnected the ATX connector. As soon as I put it back on the system started no problem.
The moral of this story: double-check your jumpers.
a b B Homebuilt system
October 28, 2009 5:51:40 PM

do they lock necro threads here?
!