Any special setup for Linksys wireless router to interface..

I have a Linksys wireless-G broadband router WRT54G. I am trying to
connect it to a wireless network at local library. My laptop (built-in
wireless) connects fine to this network, however I am not able to
connect through the Linksys router. Using the configuration interface,
I tried the setting mode Mixed, B-only, G-only, using various channels
and nothing seems to work. Firstly, why i have to set the channel (my
laptop does not require me to specify any channel, it seems to be
automatic). Secondly, the configuration interface for Linksys router
does not have any screen to show available networks (my laptop has a
utility that shows what wireless networks and their names ara available
for the current location).
1 answer Last reply
More about special setup linksys wireless router interface

    Hi
    You can not connect a Wireless Router to another Wireless source unless it
    is WDS Wireless Router.
    The Linksys WRT54G is not WDS so it can be connected to another source only
    through Cable.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    <maruk2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Linksys wireless-G broadband router WRT54G. I am trying to
    > connect it to a wireless network at local library. My laptop (built-in
    > wireless) connects fine to this network, however I am not able to
    > connect through the Linksys router. Using the configuration interface,
    > I tried the setting mode Mixed, B-only, G-only, using various channels
    > and nothing seems to work. Firstly, why i have to set the channel (my
    > laptop does not require me to specify any channel, it seems to be
    > automatic). Secondly, the configuration interface for Linksys router
    > does not have any screen to show available networks (my laptop has a
    > utility that shows what wireless networks and their names ara available
    > for the current location).

Wireless Wireless Router Linksys Wireless Networking