Power Supply question

I got a new Antec PS. But when I plug it in
(with nothing connected to it) it doesn't seem to
run (the fan doesn't turn and there is no dc voltage
on some of the leads). Is it dead or does it require
a connection to a motherboard to work???

Thanks

Kent_Diego

Do a Google search for ATX power supply connector. Just stick a paper clip
from green wire to the black wire next to it. That will turn on PS.

"Lyn" <lyn777@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I got a new Antec PS. But when I plug it in
> (with nothing connected to it) it doesn't seem to
> run (the fan doesn't turn and there is no dc voltage
> on some of the leads). Is it dead or does it require
> a connection to a motherboard to work???
>
> Thanks

It IS controlled by the motherboard for on/off.

--
DaveW