Anybody has the experience of using USB headset with microphone in WindowXP?

I want to know the following:

1. Is it really plug and play? and audio & microphone both work?
2. What happen to the sound card's audio & microphone function at the same
time?

TIA

"¤jº~¥Á±Ú" <jsheng@worldet.att.net> writes:
>Anybody has the experience of using USB headset with microphone in WindowXP?

>I want to know the following:

>1. Is it really plug and play? and audio & microphone both work?

Andrea USB Pod seems to.

>2. What happen to the sound card's audio & microphone function at the same
>time?

One program persists in putting up a little window each time it starts,
asking me whether to use the sound card, the pod or the RS232 port.
I have not found a way to get it to recognize that I've told it to
use the pod every time the last hundred times I've started the program.
Other than that, no problems and excellent audio quality.

One other program defaults to using the sound card for output and I
haven't bothered to go in and find the option to set it to use the pod.
But the sound card was installed and configured long before the pod
was, so I'm not surprised that some might continue using the card.

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mine works perfect. Don't understand the other negative comments.
It's a Sennheiser mid/top model. comfortable, good sound, good mic. What
more does anyone need.

"¤jº~¥Á±Ú" <jsheng@worldet.att.net> wrote in message
> Anybody has the experience of using USB headset with microphone in
> WindowXP?
>
> I want to know the following:
>
> 1. Is it really plug and play? and audio & microphone both work?
> 2. What happen to the sound card's audio & microphone function at the same
> time?
>
> TIA

Carl

i had sennheiser usb headphones, i found the sound to be tinny, and not as
good as what i was used to with my ancient JVC ones. thats probably how i
ended up blowing one of the speakers. i am very pleased with what i got now.