mikeC123

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Hi, i just finished building a new computer with some old parts from my old computer. I took the old hard drive from my old computer and using it on my new build. On my old computer it was installed with window xp. so i start up my new build, it tries to load window xp and then get blue screen then go back to start up again, and repeats itself. I want to erase the window xp and install a window 7 on it, but i cant find where i can go to install. it doesnt auto run when i put it in at start up. I need help =[.
what should i do? my mother board is msi 790fx-gd70 if that helps.

Thanks

Mike C.

mikeC123

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
i reformatted my hard drive, and was trying to install it. when i try to install the window. a message pops up saying "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. if you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or usb flash drive please insert it now.
i am stuck again =[. what is i do now???

Thanks

mikeC123

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
ok, i checked online and some ppl say it happens when i combine a sata and ide drive. i was using a sata cd drive and a ide hard drive. so i went and connected both with ide. but now theres another problem. when i connect both ide cd drive and ide hard drive, my computer only can read the cd drive. it says undetected fo the hard drive. So any ideas on that??

thanks.