Sign in with
Your question

Help!

Last response: in Windows 7
February 26, 2011 4:29:02 AM

Hi, i just finished building a new computer with some old parts from my old computer. I took the old hard drive from my old computer and using it on my new build. On my old computer it was installed with window xp. so i start up my new build, it tries to load window xp and then get blue screen then go back to start up again, and repeats itself. I want to erase the window xp and install a window 7 on it, but i cant find where i can go to install. it doesnt auto run when i put it in at start up. I need help =[.
what should i do? my mother board is msi 790fx-gd70 if that helps.

Thanks

Mike C.

More about : question

a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2011 5:35:41 AM

make sure that the CD-Rom is set as the first Boot Device in the BIOS.
a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2011 5:59:52 AM

Go into set-up either F8 or F12 and boot from CD
The hdd should be reformated for best results in new clean install of win7.

Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 26, 2011 1:30:28 PM

You do need a copy of the windows DVD in your DVD drive to set it up.
February 27, 2011 1:59:43 AM

i reformatted my hard drive, and was trying to install it. when i try to install the window. a message pops up saying "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. if you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or usb flash drive please insert it now.
i am stuck again =[. what is i do now???

Thanks
February 27, 2011 2:36:07 AM

ok, i checked online and some ppl say it happens when i combine a sata and ide drive. i was using a sata cd drive and a ide hard drive. so i went and connected both with ide. but now theres another problem. when i connect both ide cd drive and ide hard drive, my computer only can read the cd drive. it says undetected fo the hard drive. So any ideas on that??

thanks.
February 27, 2011 11:23:42 AM

is it a cd rom you have because win 7 is on a dvd
!