Need help w/ RAM slot ID. See attachment GIF. - mb.GIF (0/1)

Hello All,
I need to change my RAM chips around and can't find info in my manual. Can
someone suggest which RAM slot is the #1 slot?

Puter is Dell XPS-T450 w/ 3 RAM slots. I need to take the chip out of slot #1
and then move the chips in slots #2 and #3 up to slots #1 and #2.

My question is . . . is slot #1 the one on the CPU side or the IDE slot side.
Thanks in advance.
--

Deborah
d3558719@hotmail.com

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:55:39 -0400, Deborah
<d3558719@hotmeal.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
> I need to change my RAM chips around and can't find info in my manual. Can
>someone suggest which RAM slot is the #1 slot?
>
>Puter is Dell XPS-T450 w/ 3 RAM slots. I need to take the chip out of slot #1
>and then move the chips in slots #2 and #3 up to slots #1 and #2.
>
>My question is . . . is slot #1 the one on the CPU side or the IDE slot side.
>Thanks in advance.

Please do not use attachments, this is not a binary group.
They can be posted to your own server (or elsewhere) and
linked here. Thank you.

The slot nearest the CPU is called slot 0 on some boards.
Sometimes board manufacturers skip this "0" and call that
slot 1. Either way if you are referring to the first slot,
it is nearer the CPU "usually", but if a manufacturer wanted
to call the furthest away slot the first slot, we can't very
well stop them from doing so. Not having your board I can
only advise on the typical numbering or you can look in the
manual, or it might be printed on the motherboard itself
above or below those slots.

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

--

Deborah
d3558719@hotmeal.com