Motherboard beeping - Axper XP-K7S748

Hi

I've just bought a new motherboard and transplanted pc components into
it. However, even though everything is plugged in (I assume)
correctly, the system powers on, and then proceeds to emit a loud
beeping - and has to be turned off to make it stop. Nothing appears on
the screen, and the motherboard manual and manufacturer's website
doesn't have any information that states what causes this alarm to go
off. If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about motherboard beeping axper k7s748

    On 13 Sep 2005 03:31:40 -0700, nzhedgehoggirl@yahoo.com
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >
    >I've just bought a new motherboard and transplanted pc components into
    >it. However, even though everything is plugged in (I assume)
    >correctly, the system powers on, and then proceeds to emit a loud
    >beeping - and has to be turned off to make it stop. Nothing appears on
    >the screen, and the motherboard manual and manufacturer's website
    >doesn't have any information that states what causes this alarm to go
    >off. If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Try clearing CMOS

    Pull out all non-essential components, leaving only CPU,
    heatsink/fan, 1 memory module and video. Retry it and IF it
    works, progressively add back components retrying it again.

    If the new board or parts significantly differ in power
    consumption (Or voltage rail used to supply the power) you
    may have a PSU insufficiency problem.

    Lastly, I presume it's a cheap generic board and along with
    that it could tend to be buggy or less thoroughly tested.
    It could help to have the slowest (bus speed spec'd) CPU the
    board can run, and high-spec memory... and go from there,
    flashing the bios if possible or just returning the board if
    it's too problematic... sometimes a few bucks aren't worth
    the hassle.

Homebuilt Hardware Motherboards Windows XP Systems