Slow startup XP after password entry.

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
September 18, 2005 4:02:43 PM

After I get the password entry box, I type my password and enter.
Nothing happens for 30 seconds. Then the computer boots normally.

What could delay the system and create that problem?
How can I find out what the system is doing during these
30 seconds?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Bernard
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 19, 2005 1:15:18 AM

Bernard Grandjacques wrote:

> After I get the password entry box, I type my password and enter.
> Nothing happens for 30 seconds. Then the computer boots normally.
>
> What could delay the system and create that problem?
> How can I find out what the system is doing during these
> 30 seconds?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Bernard

Sounds like a network timeout delay.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 19, 2005 2:21:34 AM

In article <f-adnXZYLdoVErDeRVn-3w@comcast.com>, Bernard Grandjacques
says...
> After I get the password entry box, I type my password and enter.
> Nothing happens for 30 seconds. Then the computer boots normally.
>
> What could delay the system and create that problem?
> How can I find out what the system is doing during these
> 30 seconds?

Plenty. Google for BOOTVIS.

--
Conor

Michael Park 1966-2005. World Rallying will miss you. God bless.
Related resources
September 21, 2005 3:01:36 AM

I think that PC boots up slow is because of installing too many
softwares,
A lot of softwares all will start with the system, Should delete their
start procedure.
Or Have two with the system start of the software have conflict
open the regedit "Start---Run" input "regedit" find this address:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
if you os is XPor Win2003 , "Start--Run" input "msconfig" -- "startup"
delete otiose procedure.

Understand concerning " Auto Startup Applications" go to
http://securityexpert.cnns.net/startup.htm
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
September 21, 2005 5:01:20 PM

Thanks. I will check those registry entries but problem went away by itself.
I do not know if I will find anything.
Bernard

<vk@cnns.net> wrote in message
>I think that PC boots up slow is because of installing too many
> softwares,
> A lot of softwares all will start with the system, Should delete their
> start procedure.
> Or Have two with the system start of the software have conflict
> open the regedit "Start---Run" input "regedit" find this address:
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
> if you os is XPor Win2003 , "Start--Run" input "msconfig" -- "startup"
> delete otiose procedure.
>
> Understand concerning " Auto Startup Applications" go to
> http://securityexpert.cnns.net/startup.htm

September 22, 2005 5:01:32 AM

If is such i recommend "Security expert" with you.

it free try 7 days,This is good enough to resolve you of problem.

Download try out :
http://securityexpert.cnns.net/download/securityexpert....

click "Autorun" and " hide microsoft's" At this time, you can see
other's autorun programme.

You can delete otiose procedure to remove.

You can taste to take a shot!!
!