Slow startup XP after password entry.

After I get the password entry box, I type my password and enter.
Nothing happens for 30 seconds. Then the computer boots normally.

What could delay the system and create that problem?
How can I find out what the system is doing during these
30 seconds?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Bernard
5 answers Last reply
More about slow startup password entry

    Bernard Grandjacques wrote:

    > After I get the password entry box, I type my password and enter.
    > Nothing happens for 30 seconds. Then the computer boots normally.
    >
    > What could delay the system and create that problem?
    > How can I find out what the system is doing during these
    > 30 seconds?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    > Bernard

    Sounds like a network timeout delay.

    In article <f-adnXZYLdoVErDeRVn-3w@comcast.com>, Bernard Grandjacques
    says...
    > After I get the password entry box, I type my password and enter.
    > Nothing happens for 30 seconds. Then the computer boots normally.
    >
    > What could delay the system and create that problem?
    > How can I find out what the system is doing during these
    > 30 seconds?

    Plenty. Google for BOOTVIS.

    --
    Conor

    Michael Park 1966-2005. World Rallying will miss you. God bless.

    I think that PC boots up slow is because of installing too many
    softwares,
    A lot of softwares all will start with the system, Should delete their
    start procedure.
    Or Have two with the system start of the software have conflict
    open the regedit "Start---Run" input "regedit" find this address:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    if you os is XPor Win2003 , "Start--Run" input "msconfig" -- "startup"
    delete otiose procedure.

    Understand concerning " Auto Startup Applications" go to
    http://securityexpert.cnns.net/startup.htm

    Thanks. I will check those registry entries but problem went away by itself.
    I do not know if I will find anything.
    Bernard

    <vk@cnns.net> wrote in message
    >I think that PC boots up slow is because of installing too many
    > softwares,
    > A lot of softwares all will start with the system, Should delete their
    > start procedure.
    > Or Have two with the system start of the software have conflict
    > open the regedit "Start---Run" input "regedit" find this address:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    > if you os is XPor Win2003 , "Start--Run" input "msconfig" -- "startup"
    > delete otiose procedure.
    >
    > Understand concerning " Auto Startup Applications" go to
    > http://securityexpert.cnns.net/startup.htm

    If is such i recommend "Security expert" with you.

    it free try 7 days,This is good enough to resolve you of problem.

    Download try out :
    http://securityexpert.cnns.net/download/securityexpert.exe

    click "Autorun" and " hide microsoft's" At this time, you can see
    other's autorun programme.

    You can delete otiose procedure to remove.

    You can taste to take a shot!!

Homebuilt Slow Startup Windows XP Systems