Mame32 problem -- inability to open any games if xarcade c..

Third try at restating and elaborating information relating to a previously
posted
problem......each time I left out some material facts....sorry.

On my win98 machine, with xarcade controller (USB) and wireless keyboard,
all
versions after .95 (not including) fail to execute all games attempted (i.e.
screen returns to
menu after selection), unless the controller is 'standard', rather than
xarcade.

From the command line mame, "mame -ctrlr xarcade gamename" works just fine.

The rom set (complete set on DVD) set DOES indicate that the discs were
"MAME 0.95" vintage, but that shouldn't make a difference except for a
handful of games, should it?

Any clues as to where to start looking for problem/solution?

Steve Rosen
Roswell, GA

Cordata

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:50:59 GMT, "Steve Rosen"
<steverosen@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Third try at restating and elaborating information relating to a previously
>posted
>problem......each time I left out some material facts....sorry.
>
>On my win98 machine, with xarcade controller (USB) and wireless keyboard,
>all
>versions after .95 (not including) fail to execute all games attempted (i.e.
>screen returns to
>menu after selection), unless the controller is 'standard', rather than
>xarcade.
>
>From the command line mame, "mame -ctrlr xarcade gamename" works just fine.
>
>The rom set (complete set on DVD) set DOES indicate that the discs were
>"MAME 0.95" vintage, but that shouldn't make a difference except for a
>handful of games, should it?
>
>Any clues as to where to start looking for problem/solution?
>
>Steve Rosen
>Roswell, GA

The only thing that comes to mind is bad .cfg files left over from an
older version of MAME. Try exiting out of MAME, deleting the .cfg
files from your cfg folder, and launching MAME again. Try a small
game like pacman or something just to see if you are able to run
anything.

--
Cordata
http://abem.mametitles.com - alt.binaries.emulators.mame FAQ