Error After INstalling Windows Xp Home

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

After I installed windows xp home, and it did the screen resolution
check thing where it ask you if you can read the text and if you can
click okay, all i saw was my desktop and no icons and no start button
at the bottom. then i let it sit there for a while and then an error
box came up saying

"Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
C:\WINDOWS\Installer\700f.msi. The data has been lost. The error
may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network
connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere"

Not a clue what this means. Has anyone had this happen to them before?
If so, how can i fix this? I need someones help quick, I got work to
do.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Error-INstalling-Windows-Xp-ftopict62226.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=313532
1 answer Last reply
More about error installing windows home
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

    seen this and ended up a hard drive problem,,,,run diagnostic from the HD
    manufacturer

    "bdonburl" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
    > After I installed windows xp home, and it did the screen resolution
    > check thing where it ask you if you can read the text and if you can
    > click okay, all i saw was my desktop and no icons and no start button
    > at the bottom. then i let it sit there for a while and then an error
    > box came up saying
    >
    > "Windows was unable to save all the data for the file
    > C:\WINDOWS\Installer\700f.msi. The data has been lost. The error
    > may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network
    > connection. Please try to save the file elsewhere"
    >
    > Not a clue what this means. Has anyone had this happen to them before?
    > If so, how can i fix this? I need someones help quick, I got work to
    > do.

    request
    > Topic URL:
    http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Home-Built-Error-INstalling-Windows-Xp-ftopict62226.html